Generic Name and Formulations:
Cetrorelix (as acetate) 0.25mg, 3mg; per vial; pwd for SC inj after reconstitution.
EMD Serono, Inc.
Indications for CETROTIDE:
Inhibition of premature LH surges in women undergoing controlled ovarian stimulation for in vitro fertilization.
Give by SC inj into lower abdominal wall during early to mid-follicular phase; see literature. 3mg once on stimulation day 7, or 0.25mg daily beginning on stimulation day 5 or 6 and continuing until day of hCG administration.
Pregnancy (Cat.X). Nursing mothers.
Do complete gynecological and endocrinological exam first.
Ovarian hyperstimulation syndrome, nausea, headache, inj site reactions, elevated enzymes (eg, ALT, alkaline phosphatase).
Vials 0.25mg (w. diluent)—1
3mg (w. diluent)—1
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Age of Onset of Bipolar Disorder Linked With Substance Use Disorders
- Rapid Cycling in Bipolar Disorder: Overview and Expert Perspectives
- Low Testosterone Linked With Social Anxiety in Boys With Klinefelter Syndrome
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Associated With Reduced Brain Volume
- First-Episode Drug-Naive Patients With Schizophrenia More Likely to Attempt Suicide
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Marijuana Use Associated With Poorer Depression Outcomes, Increased Suicidal Ideation