Generic Name and Formulations:
Imiglucerase 200 Units, 400 Units; per vial; pwd; for IV infusion after reconstitution.
Sanofi Genzyme Company
Indications for CEREZYME:
For long-term enzyme replacement therapy in patients with confirmed Type 1 Gaucher disease that results in one or more of the following conditions: 1) anemia; 2) thrombocytopenia; 3) bone disease; 4) hepatomegaly or splenomegaly.
Adults and Children:
<2yrs: not recommended. ≥2yrs: Give by IV infusion over 1–2 hours. Individualize. Initial dose range: 2.5 Units/kg 3 times a week to 60 Units/kg once every 2 weeks.
Monitor periodically for IgG antibody formation during the first year. Patients previously treated with Ceredase (alglucerase inj) who have developed antibody or hypersensitivity to Ceredase. Monitor for pulmonary hypertension, pneumonia. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
GI upset, abdominal pain, rash, pruritus, fatigue, headache, fever, dizziness, chills, backache, tachycardia, inj site reactions, hypersensitivity. Also children: dyspnea, flushing, coughing,
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Age of Onset of Bipolar Disorder Linked With Substance Use Disorders
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Marijuana Use Associated With Poorer Depression Outcomes, Increased Suicidal Ideation
- Short Forms of Parent General Behavior Inventory Reliable at Identifying Youth Mood Symptoms
- Low Testosterone Linked With Social Anxiety in Boys With Klinefelter Syndrome
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Digital Media Engagement Associated With ADHD Symptoms in Adolescents
- Strong Social Networks May Mitigate the Effects of Childhood Adversity
- Unexpected Effect of Substance Use Disorders on Recovery From Bipolar Depression
- Republican Opposition to Obamacare: What's Done, What's to Come
- Early Childhood Out-of-Home Placement Associated With Adverse Outcomes in Adulthood
- Opioid Use Disorder Prevalence at Delivery on the Rise in the US, According to CDC
- Integrating Treatments for Opioid Use Disorder and Infectious Diseases