CEREFOLIN NAC Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
L-methylfolate calcium (Metafolin) 6mg, Algae-S powder 90.314mg, methylcobalamin 2mg, N-acetylcysteine 600mg; caplets.
Alfasigma USA, Inc.
Indications for CEREFOLIN NAC:
Clinical dietary management of mild cognitive impairment.
Use only under medical supervision. 1 caplet daily.
Avoid if renal stones occur. Do not administer to critically ill patients. Folic acid may mask Vit.B12 deficiency, including pernicious anemia. History of peptic ulcer. Chronic liver disease. Pre-term newborns. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Concomitant nitrates: increased risk of headaches. Capecitabine toxicity increased with addition of leucovorin. May produce false-positive result in nitroprusside test for ketone bodies.
Allergic reactions, mild transient diarrhea, itching, transitory exanthema, feeling body swelling, nausea, vomiting, rash, flushing, epigastric pain, constipation, headache; rare: renal stones.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Rapid Cycling in Bipolar Disorder: Overview and Expert Perspectives
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Associated With Reduced Brain Volume
- First-Episode Drug-Naive Patients With Schizophrenia More Likely to Attempt Suicide
- Early Childhood Out-of-Home Placement Associated With Adverse Outcomes in Adulthood
- ADHD Medications Compared for Efficacy, Tolerability in Children and Adults
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Marijuana Use Associated With Poorer Depression Outcomes, Increased Suicidal Ideation