CBT and pharmacotherapy are effective treatments for anxiety disorders in children and adolescents younger than 18.
Patients with depression can benefit from online cognitive behavior therapy programs.
Insomnia for survivors of breast cancer was improved using ai chi chih as cognitive behavioral therapy.
CBT is effective in patients with bipolar disorder in decreasing the relapse rate and improving symptoms of depression and mania severity.
Patients matched to their preferred treatment were more likely to complete the trial but not more likely to achieve depression remission.
Sleep duration was significantly longer and there was less sleep disruption for pregnant women in the sleep enhancement training group compared with that of women in control groups.
Compared with men, women diagnosed with AUD have higher rates of premature death due to alcohol abuse.
Some of the strategies to improve memory extinction aim at plasticity pathways in the brain with the use of NMDA receptor-modulating drugs, such as D-cycloserine.
Screening of all adults is recommended regardless of risk factors.
Nicola Davies, PhD, suggests that a great deal of research is still required, but apps are certainly showing great promise as a means of enhancing treatment outcomes when used as an adjunct to therapy and medication.
In an email interview with Rheumatology Advisor, Louise Sharpe, PhD, spoke about the practical ramifications of her research for clinicians who treat rheumatoid arthritis.
Cognitive behavioral therapy techniques improve time to resolution of depression in teens who refuse antidepressants.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Distinct Characteristics in Children at Risk for Schizophrenia vs Bipolar Disorder
- Nonstimulants May Be an Appropriate Alternative to Stimulants for Treating ADHD
- Psychotic Experiences Associated With Increased Risk for Eating Disorders in Adolescents
- Novel Parent-Child Interaction Therapy Targets Preschool-Aged Depression
- Remission of Treatment-Resistant Depression in Veterans Depends on Close Clinical Observation
- Medical Clearance of Psych Patients in the ED: Consensus Recommendations
- From Abused Child to Serial Killer: Investigating Nature vs Nurture in Methods of Murder
- Managing Comorbid Migraine and Mood Disorders: A Synergistic Approach
- Dialectical Behavior Therapy Effective in Reducing Suicide Attempts, Self-Harm in Adolescents
- Should Physicians Treat Family and Friends? Three Experts Weigh In
- When Physicians Become Patients: Challenges in Seeking Health Care
- Long-Acting Injectables Effective in Patients With Comorbid Psychosis, Substance Use Disorder
- Strong Social Networks May Mitigate the Effects of Childhood Adversity
- Electroconvulsive Therapy Improves Global Cognition in Bipolar Disorder
- FOSTA-SESTA Threatens Sex Worker Livelihoods: What Mental Health Providers Should Know