CBT and pharmacotherapy are effective treatments for anxiety disorders in children and adolescents younger than 18.
Patients with depression can benefit from online cognitive behavior therapy programs.
Insomnia for survivors of breast cancer was improved using ai chi chih as cognitive behavioral therapy.
CBT is effective in patients with bipolar disorder in decreasing the relapse rate and improving symptoms of depression and mania severity.
Patients matched to their preferred treatment were more likely to complete the trial but not more likely to achieve depression remission.
Sleep duration was significantly longer and there was less sleep disruption for pregnant women in the sleep enhancement training group compared with that of women in control groups.
Compared with men, women diagnosed with AUD have higher rates of premature death due to alcohol abuse.
Some of the strategies to improve memory extinction aim at plasticity pathways in the brain with the use of NMDA receptor-modulating drugs, such as D-cycloserine.
Screening of all adults is recommended regardless of risk factors.
Nicola Davies, PhD, suggests that a great deal of research is still required, but apps are certainly showing great promise as a means of enhancing treatment outcomes when used as an adjunct to therapy and medication.
In an email interview with Rheumatology Advisor, Louise Sharpe, PhD, spoke about the practical ramifications of her research for clinicians who treat rheumatoid arthritis.
Cognitive behavioral therapy techniques improve time to resolution of depression in teens who refuse antidepressants.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders