CBT and pharmacotherapy are effective treatments for anxiety disorders in children and adolescents younger than 18.
Patients with depression can benefit from online cognitive behavior therapy programs.
Insomnia for survivors of breast cancer was improved using ai chi chih as cognitive behavioral therapy.
CBT is effective in patients with bipolar disorder in decreasing the relapse rate and improving symptoms of depression and mania severity.
Patients matched to their preferred treatment were more likely to complete the trial but not more likely to achieve depression remission.
Sleep duration was significantly longer and there was less sleep disruption for pregnant women in the sleep enhancement training group compared with that of women in control groups.
Compared with men, women diagnosed with AUD have higher rates of premature death due to alcohol abuse.
Some of the strategies to improve memory extinction aim at plasticity pathways in the brain with the use of NMDA receptor-modulating drugs, such as D-cycloserine.
Screening of all adults is recommended regardless of risk factors.
Nicola Davies, PhD, suggests that a great deal of research is still required, but apps are certainly showing great promise as a means of enhancing treatment outcomes when used as an adjunct to therapy and medication.
In an email interview with Rheumatology Advisor, Louise Sharpe, PhD, spoke about the practical ramifications of her research for clinicians who treat rheumatoid arthritis.
Cognitive behavioral therapy techniques improve time to resolution of depression in teens who refuse antidepressants.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Increasing Among US Children and Adolescents
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Improving Medication Adherence in ADHD Lowers Risk for Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder in Adulthood
- Antidepressant Effects of Ketamine Appear to Require Opioid System Activation
- Prazosin May Be Effective as Treatment for Alcohol Use Disorder
- Aggression in Bipolar I Disorder and Psychosis Associated With Suicide Ideation, Alcohol Abuse
- Moving Associated With Increased Risk for Psychosis in Children, Adolescents
- Omega-3 Polyunsaturated Fatty Acids Associated With Reduction in Anxiety Symptoms
- Neuroimaging Markers of Bipolar Disorder Risk for At-Risk Youth
- Suicide Attempt Risk Among LGB Populations Higher Than Previously Estimated