Generic Name and Formulations:
Carisoprodol 200mg, aspirin 325mg; tabs.
Various generic manufacturers
- Effectiveness of Sertraline in Depressed Patients With Advanced Chronic Kidney Disease
- Adjunctive Telmisartan's Effects on Symptoms of Schizophrenia
- Is Aspirin Use Associated With a Decreased Incidence of Depressive Symptoms?
Indications for Carisoprodol/Aspirin:
Painful musculoskeletal conditions.
1–2 tabs 4 times daily.
NSAID allergy. Varicella or influenza in teenagers. Coagulation disorders. Porphyria.
Peptic ulcer. Gastritis. Renal or hepatic dysfunction. Drug abuse. Monitor blood pressure, BUN, uric acid levels. Elderly. Debilitated. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Alcohol, CNS depressants, oral anticoagulants, hypoglycemics, and plasma bound drugs (e.g., methotrexate) potentiated. NSAIDs, corticosteroids and oral anticoagulants increase risk of GI bleeding. Uricosurics antagonized. Urine alkalinizers or acidifiers decrease or increase, respectively, plasma levels of aspirin.
Muscle relaxant (central) + salicylate.
Dizziness, drowsiness, GI upset or bleeding, rash, tachycardia, orthostatic hypotension. Rare idiosyncratic reaction (see literature).
Formerly known under the brand name Soma Compound.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders