Warning letters about products illegally marketed as treatments for opioid addiction, pain, and anxiety have been sent to 2 companies, the FDA said Tuesday.
Sandoz and Pear Therapeutics announced the availability of reSET, the first prescription digital therapeutic for patients with substance use disorder.
Two studies indicate a link between cannabis use and mental health concerns, starting in adolescence and continuing into adulthood.
A new study examines a link between first-onset suicidal ideation and substance use disorders.
Investigators sought to determine whether opioid and benzodiazepine use and misuse were associated with past-year suicidal ideation in older adults in the United States.
The majority of adolescents taking prescription opioids for non-medical purposes were found to get these drugs from someone else.
The number of opioid overdose deaths in the United States reached a new record last year with 72,000 deaths, which works out to about 200 a day.
The Stopping the Transmission of Opioids to the Next Generation tool allows clinicians treating women of childbearing age with opioid use disorder to estimate risks associated with pregnancies in this patient population.
Many patients in a workers' compensation cohort have persistent opioid use.
These results provide strong evidence for the deleterious and prolonged effects of cannabis use in adolescence.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Role of Expressed Emotion in Family Psychopathology
- Serum Uric Acid May Predict Bipolar Disorder in Patients With Depression
- Group Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Is Effective Treatment for Adolescent Anxiety
- Health and Social Factors Predict Changes in Depressive Symptoms in Women
- ASD Risk on Offspring With Prenatal Use of Medication Affecting Neurotransmitter System
- Cannabis Use, Cannabis Use Disorder Linked to Psychotic, Depressive Symptoms
- Association Between Opioid and Benzodiazepine Misuse and Suicidal Ideation
- The Intersection of Eating and Alcohol Disorders: Detecting and Managing "Drunkorexia"
- Heart Rate Variability Predicts Treatment Response in Anxious Depression
- Impulsivity in Bipolar Disorder, Borderline Personality Disorder, ADHD
- Psychotic Experiences May Predict Future Suicidal Behaviors
- Genetic Analysis Shows Higher BMI May Increase Risk for Depression
- Abstinence From Regular Cannabis Use Improves Memory Among Adolescents, Young Adults
- Effects of Mindfulness Meditation on Mood in Middle-Age, Older Adults
- How Does Accepting Blame Affect Future Medical Errors?