Compared with men who never used tobacco, those who used snus but did not smoke had a 24% higher risk of death from prostate cancer.
Cognitive Profile and Putative Mechanisms of Cancer Therapy-Associated Cognitive Changes: A Primer for Mental Health Professionals
Nilotinib (Tasigna) improved cognition and motor skills in patients with Parkinson's and Lewy body dementia.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Abstinence From Regular Cannabis Use Improves Memory Among Adolescents, Young Adults
- Group Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Is Effective Treatment for Adolescent Anxiety
- Health and Social Factors Predict Changes in Depressive Symptoms in Women
- ASD Risk on Offspring With Prenatal Use of Medication Affecting Neurotransmitter System
- Effects of Impaired Glucose Metabolism on Lithium and Other Mood Stabilizers
- Cannabis Use, Cannabis Use Disorder Linked to Psychotic, Depressive Symptoms
- Association Between Opioid and Benzodiazepine Misuse and Suicidal Ideation
- The Intersection of Eating and Alcohol Disorders: Detecting and Managing "Drunkorexia"
- Heart Rate Variability Predicts Treatment Response in Anxious Depression
- Impulsivity in Bipolar Disorder, Borderline Personality Disorder, ADHD
- For Teen Girls, Depression May Predict Subsequent Alcohol Use
- Polygenic Risk Scores May Predict Antipsychotic Efficacy in Schizophrenia
- Can Examining Marginalization Identify Gaps in Medical or Nutritional Care?
- Efficacy, Safety of Long-Term Ketamine Administration Still In Question
- Vulnerability to Psychosocial Disability in Psychosis