Most Recent Articles by Caleb Rans
Researchers analyzed neuroimaging data from a group of 1093 adolescents from the IMAGEN project.
Researchers found that people receiving treatment with omega-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids had a reduction in anxiety symptoms compared with those not receiving treatment.
Improving Medication Adherence in ADHD Lowers Risk for Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder in AdulthoodSep 21, 2018
Researchers found that children who were compliant with drug therapy had a significantly lower risk for oppositional defiant disorder or conduct disorder than those who were noncompliant.
In terms of efficacy, 3 randomized controlled trials demonstrated that treatment with lithium monotherapy improved overall functioning and symptoms of mania or mixed mania in children and adolescents with bipolar illness.
Researchers confirmed the existence of a direct link between clock genes and 2 comorbid diseases, as well as the genetic predisposition for alcohol abuse.
More Articles by Caleb Rans
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Link Identified Between Cured Meat and Mania in Bipolar Disorder
- First-Episode Delusional Disorder vs Schizophrenia: Assessment of Outcomes
- Suicide Attempts Associated With Sleep and Circadian Rhythm Disturbances in Bipolar Disorder
- Early Risk Factors for Bipolar Disorder Found in Offspring of BD Parents
- Prevalence of Schizophrenia in Individuals With Type 2 Diabetes
- The Opioid System: The Foundation for Social Risk and Reward
- Correctional Psychiatry: Challenges and Rewards
- Those Left Behind: Working With Suicide-Bereaved Families
- The Impact of Deafness on Hallucinations and Delusions
- Is Mandatory Reporting of Child Maltreatment in the Best Interests of the Child?
- Nutrition Tips for Physicians: Staying Healthy During Busy Days
- Mental Health Problems in Adolescents With HIV: Overview & Expert Interview
- Should Physicians Play a Role in Minimizing the Societal Cost of Medical Care?
- Digital Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Effective for Individuals With Insomnia
- How Do Medical Scribes Reduce EHR Documentation Burden for Physicians?