borderline personality disorder
The prevalence of borderline personality disorder is estimated to between 15% and 20% in inpatient settings.
The authors discouraged physicians from the prescription of lamotrigine, despite the "considerable pressure" that may be created by its recommendation in certain textbooks.
Mindfulness, an awareness of one's present experience without labeling it as good or bad, is a fundamental skill taught in dialectical behavior therapy group skills training.
Bipolar disorder and borderline personality disorder reflect alternate expressions of the same underlying disorder.
Over the past 10 years, a strong research base has been mounting supporting the concept of a diagnosis of borderline personality disorder in teens.
Transference-focused psychotherapy is associated with alterations in frontolimbic circuitry in borderline personality disorder.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Impulsivity in Bipolar Disorder, Borderline Personality Disorder, ADHD
- The Challenges of Identifying Biomarkers of Psychiatric Illness
- Cardioprotective Treatment May Reduce Adverse Effects in Schizophrenia
- Oral Therapy for Suicidal Bipolar Depression Gets Breakthrough Designation
- FDA Approves Powerful New Opioid Despite Criticisms
- Cannabis Use in Adolescence Associated With Poorer Mental Health Outcomes
- Updates in Borderline Personality Disorder: Your Questions Answered
- Violent Video Games Tied to Physical Aggression
- Shame Drives Suicidal Ideation Among Veterans With PTSD
- Long-term Healthy Diet Associated With Greater Hippocampal Volumes
- Perseris Now Available for the Treatment of Schizophrenia in Adults
- Noninvasive Brain Stimulation of Prefrontal Cortex in Trait Anxiety
- Peer Support Reduces Hospitalizations in People With Diabetes and Depression
- FDA to Ban Most Flavored Electronic Cigarettes
- Predictors of CBT Outcomes Identified in Youths With Anxiety Disorders