borderline personality disorder
The prevalence of borderline personality disorder is estimated to between 15% and 20% in inpatient settings.
The authors discouraged physicians from the prescription of lamotrigine, despite the "considerable pressure" that may be created by its recommendation in certain textbooks.
Mindfulness, an awareness of one's present experience without labeling it as good or bad, is a fundamental skill taught in dialectical behavior therapy group skills training.
Bipolar disorder and borderline personality disorder reflect alternate expressions of the same underlying disorder.
Over the past 10 years, a strong research base has been mounting supporting the concept of a diagnosis of borderline personality disorder in teens.
Transference-focused psychotherapy is associated with alterations in frontolimbic circuitry in borderline personality disorder.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Hospitalization Rates in Schizophrenia—Lurasidone vs Quetiapine
- Psychopathology of Adults Affected by Pre- and Perinatal Factors, Family Functioning
- Anxiety: Feature of Late-Onset Dementia or Modifiable Risk Factor?
- New APA President Takes Office as the First African-American to Lead the Organization
- Concise Questionnaire Found Consistent, Reliable at Monitoring OCD
- Video Games and Exercise as Alternative Therapies for ADHD
- How Parents Can Enhance Autism Treatment: Use of Intervention Strategies at Home
- Electroconvulsive Therapy Effective in Children With Autism
- Comorbid Autism Spectrum Disorder and OCD: Challenges in Diagnosis and Treatment
- The Cutting Edge of Schizophrenia Research: VR as Treatment for Psychosis
- HIV Viral Suppression Rates in Psychiatric Inpatients With Comorbid Substance Use Disorders
- Greater Wealth Associated With Lower Risk for Dementia in English Study
- Social Hygiene: Screening for Social Media Addiction in Adolescent Patients
- Effects of Depressive Symptoms on Cognition, Markers of Brain Aging
- Substance Abuse and Primary Psychosis: A Closer Look