borderline personality disorder
The prevalence of borderline personality disorder is estimated to between 15% and 20% in inpatient settings.
The authors discouraged physicians from the prescription of lamotrigine, despite the "considerable pressure" that may be created by its recommendation in certain textbooks.
Mindfulness, an awareness of one's present experience without labeling it as good or bad, is a fundamental skill taught in dialectical behavior therapy group skills training.
Bipolar disorder and borderline personality disorder reflect alternate expressions of the same underlying disorder.
Over the past 10 years, a strong research base has been mounting supporting the concept of a diagnosis of borderline personality disorder in teens.
Transference-focused psychotherapy is associated with alterations in frontolimbic circuitry in borderline personality disorder.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Text Message Reminders Improve Medication Adherence in Bipolar I Disorder
- Improving Medication Adherence in ADHD Lowers Risk for Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder in Adulthood
- High Suicidality Among Children With ADHD Mediated by Family Functioning, Psychiatry Comorbidities
- Pilot Study Investigates Lithium vs Quetiapine for Bipolar Spectrum Disorder
- How Personalized Hospital Ratings May Drive Patient-Specific Care in the Digital Age