Generic Name and Formulations:
Doxylamine succinate 20mg, pyridoxine HCl 20mg; ext-rel tabs.
Duchesnay USA, Inc.
RECENT UPDATESMonograph added.
Indications for BONJESTA:
Treatment of nausea and vomiting of pregnancy (NVP) in women who do not respond to conservative management.
Limitations Of use:
Not studied in women with hyperemesis gravidarum.
Swallow whole. Take on empty stomach with water. ≥18yrs: Day 1: initially 1 tab at bedtime; continue same dose next day if symptoms adequately controlled. If symptoms persist on Day 2, increase to 1 tab in AM and 1 tab at bedtime daily. Max 2 tabs daily.
<18yrs: not established.
Concomitant MAOIs; may prolong and intensify anticholinergic effects.
Asthma. Increased intraocular pressure. Narrow angle glaucoma. Stenosing peptic ulcer. Pyloroduodenal obstruction. Urinary bladder-neck obstruction. Reevaluate as pregnancy progresses. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
See Contraindications. Concomitant alcohol, other CNS depressants (eg, hypnotic sedatives, tranquilizers): not recommended. Concomitant food may delay onset of action and reduce absorption.
Antihistamine + Vit. B6 analog.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- #MeToo: Helping Victims Cope With Sexual Harassment
- Association Between Psychosis and Development of Dementia in Older Men
- Phonemic Verbal Advantage in Mild Cognitive Impairment May Predict Risk for Alzheimer Disease
- Psychosis Could Be a Potential Side Effect of Steroid Treatment in Kids
- Guidance Offered for Improving Mental Health in Workplace
- Triiodothyronine in the Treatment of Bipolar Depression
- Nutritional Influences on Bipolar Disorder in Children
- Old Challenges and New Directions in Managing Tardive Dyskinesia
- Early Intervention Strategies for Bipolar Disorder: Clinical Dilemmas and Directions
- Similar Rates of Childhood Trauma in Schizophrenia and Substance Use Disorders
- Bully for Us: Confronting Medicine's Bullying Problem
- Personality Functioning Associated With Global Functioning in Bipolar Disorder I
- Higher Incidence of Mania in Adults With Intellectual Disabilities vs General Population
- Youth With Gender Nonconformity Vulnerable to Adversity
- Negative Affect That Lingers Tied to Health 10 Years Later