High blood sugar levels may put patients with bipolar disorder at risk of not responding to lithium and other mood stabilizer treatments.
Investigators examined the role of family psychopathology in parental expressed emotions attitudes in a group of adolescents with bipolar disorder.
Investigators examined whether high serum uric acid is a risk biomarker for conversion of major depressive disorder to bipolar disorder.
Investigators examined the effect of early trauma on impulsivity and the feature of impulsivity in bipolar disorder, borderline personality disorder, and ADHD.
There is minimal overlap in neurologic variations among individuals with severe psychiatric conditions such as schizophrenia spectrum disorders and bipolar disorder.
NeuroRx announced that the FDA has granted Breakthrough Therapy designation to NRX-101 for the treatment of severe bipolar depression with acute suicidal ideation.
Inflammation Associated With Gray Matter, Hippocampal Volume Reduction in Older Adults With Bipolar Disorder
Inflammation appears to be associated with reductions in hippocampal and gray matter volumes in older patients with bipolar I disorder.
Exposure to carbamazepine was associated with the highest risk for stroke, particularly ischemic stroke.
Customized adherence enhancement may be most effective if implemented in individuals early in the course of bipolar disorder.
Researchers set out to examine how bipolar disorder affects cognitive performance across a variety of clinical parameters.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Role of Expressed Emotion in Family Psychopathology
- Serum Uric Acid May Predict Bipolar Disorder in Patients With Depression
- Group Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Is Effective Treatment for Adolescent Anxiety
- Health and Social Factors Predict Changes in Depressive Symptoms in Women
- ASD Risk on Offspring With Prenatal Use of Medication Affecting Neurotransmitter System
- Cannabis Use, Cannabis Use Disorder Linked to Psychotic, Depressive Symptoms
- Association Between Opioid and Benzodiazepine Misuse and Suicidal Ideation
- The Intersection of Eating and Alcohol Disorders: Detecting and Managing "Drunkorexia"
- Heart Rate Variability Predicts Treatment Response in Anxious Depression
- Impulsivity in Bipolar Disorder, Borderline Personality Disorder, ADHD
- Increase Seen in Amphetamine, Opioid Use in Pregnant Women
- Psychotic Experiences May Predict Future Suicidal Behaviors
- Genetic Analysis Shows Higher BMI May Increase Risk for Depression
- Abstinence From Regular Cannabis Use Improves Memory Among Adolescents, Young Adults
- Effects of Mindfulness Meditation on Mood in Middle-Age, Older Adults