Successful management of both the manic and depressive states in bipolar disorder has been difficult to achieve, despite a broad range of pharmacologic treatments available.
Michael Thase, MD, comments on the potential for lithium in drinking water as a psychiatric prophylactic agent.
Investigators seek the association between psychosis and complication risk after total joint arthroplasty.
Exploring Safe and Effective Treatments for Bipolar Depression: Transcranial Direct Current Stimulation
Transcranial direct current stimulation may be an effective add-on treatment for bipolar depression.
The frequent comorbidity of bipolar disorder and alcohol use disorder presents a significant challenge for clinicians managing patients with these conditions.
Safety and efficacy of lurasidone monotherapy were assessed in children and adolescents with bipolar I depression.
The Oregon Foundation for Reproductive Health recommends that all medical providers ask all female patients of reproductive age if they plan to become pregnant in the next year.
Patients with bipolar I disorder without relapse after 1 year of first treatment had improved neurocognitive functioning.
Abstinence-contingent incentives improved smoking cessation outcomes among economically disadvantaged smokers with mental illness.
Bipolar disorder and borderline personality disorder reflect alternate expressions of the same underlying disorder.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Amisulpride May Be Most Effective Antipsychotic for Negative Symptoms in Schizophrenia
- Frustrations With Prior Authorization: A Thorn in the Side of Clinicians
- Efficacy of Drugs for Psychosis, Relapse Prevention for Bipolar Depression, Mania
- No Evidence of Cognitive Impairment With Lisdexamfetamine Dimesylate in ADHD
- Plasma Autoantibodies Possible Biomarker for Schizophrenia
- Substance-Induced Psychosis Associated With Development of Schizophrenia, Bipolar Disorder
- Neuropsychiatric Events May Be Linked to Nitrated Nucleosome Levels in Lupus
- New APA Guideline Recommendation for Treatment of Alcohol Use Disorder
- Reducing PTSD Symptoms: Propranolol Before Reactivation Therapy
- Cannabis Use Associated With Subsequent Psychotic Experiences in Adolescents
- Cognitive Enhancement Therapy Beneficial for Neurocognitive Function in Autism
- The Crisis of Physician Suicides: Past and Present
- Affective Temperaments in Bipolar Have a Significant Impact on Functional, Clinical Outcomes of Mania
- Ketamine: A Promising Agent for Managing Treatment-Resistant Depression
- Patterns of Healthcare Use Before Diagnosis of Psychotic Disorders in Young Adults