Binge-eating disorder relapse risk with lisdexamfetamine was markedly lower than with placebo.
Binge eating disorder is the most common eating disorder in adults and has the potential for serious health implications if left untreated.
Researchers have assessed the questionnaire's ability to identify binge eating disorder.
It is important to recognize symptoms of binge eating disorder and have a conversation with your family doctor about your relationship with food.
Pharmacological and optogenetic inhibition of ventral pallidum neurons during cue presentation impedes reward-seeking behavior.
Mental health conditions, like binge eating disorder and depression, are common among patients undergoing bariatric surgery.
Lifetime prevalence of developing diabetes in this population highest among males.
The Binge Eating Disorder Screener-7 (BEDS-7) is a concise, patient-reported screening tool.
Mean one-year health care costs for a binge eating patient was $33,716, compared with $19,548 for patients without an eating disorder.
Patients taking Vyvanse experienced a decrease in the number of binge eating days per week.
In higher doses, Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine dimesylate) helped to curb binge eating.
Psychotherapy is useful in treating bulimia and binge eating, while anorexia remains the most difficult eating disorder to tackle.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders