The results from this trial follow similar positive findings from a flexible-dose study of dasotraline.
Binge-eating disorder relapse risk with lisdexamfetamine was markedly lower than with placebo.
Binge eating disorder is the most common eating disorder in adults and has the potential for serious health implications if left untreated.
Researchers have assessed the questionnaire's ability to identify binge eating disorder.
It is important to recognize symptoms of binge eating disorder and have a conversation with your family doctor about your relationship with food.
Pharmacological and optogenetic inhibition of ventral pallidum neurons during cue presentation impedes reward-seeking behavior.
Mental health conditions, like binge eating disorder and depression, are common among patients undergoing bariatric surgery.
Lifetime prevalence of developing diabetes in this population highest among males.
The Binge Eating Disorder Screener-7 (BEDS-7) is a concise, patient-reported screening tool.
Mean one-year health care costs for a binge eating patient was $33,716, compared with $19,548 for patients without an eating disorder.
Patients taking Vyvanse experienced a decrease in the number of binge eating days per week.
In higher doses, Vyvanse (lisdexamfetamine dimesylate) helped to curb binge eating.
Psychotherapy is useful in treating bulimia and binge eating, while anorexia remains the most difficult eating disorder to tackle.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Increasing Among US Children and Adolescents
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Antidepressant Effects of Ketamine Appear to Require Opioid System Activation
- Improving Medication Adherence in ADHD Lowers Risk for Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder in Adulthood
- Prazosin May Be Effective as Treatment for Alcohol Use Disorder
- Suicide Attempt Risk Among LGB Populations Higher Than Previously Estimated
- Residents Should Take Advantage of Paid Time Off
- Outpatient Engagement May Lower Suicide Attempts in Patients With Fibromyalgia
- Prevalence of Alzheimer Disease, Related Dementia Set to Double
- Forms of Childhood Adversity Related to First-Episode Psychosis Outcomes