Generic Name and Formulations:
Neisseria meningitidis recombinant proteins 50mcg each of Neisserial adhesin A (NadA), Neisserial Heparin Binding Antigen (NHBA), and factor H binding protein (fHbp), 25mcg of Outer Membrane Vesicles (OMV); per 0.5mL; susp for IM inj.
Indications for BEXSERO:
Meningitis B immunization.
Adults and Children:
<10yrs: not established. Give by IM inj in deltoid muscle of upper arm. 10–25yrs: 2 doses (0.5mL each) given at least 1 month apart.
Severe allergic reaction after a previous dose of Bexsero.
May not protect against all meningococcal serogroup B strains. Have epinephrine inj available. Immunosuppressed. Latex allergy. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Concomitant other vaccines: see full labeling.
Inj site pain, myalgia, erythema, fatigue, headache, induration, nausea, arthralgia; syncope.
To register women who receive Bexsero during pregnancy call (877) 683-4732.
Single-dose prefilled syringes—1, 10
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Age of Onset of Bipolar Disorder Linked With Substance Use Disorders
- Rapid Cycling in Bipolar Disorder: Overview and Expert Perspectives
- Low Testosterone Linked With Social Anxiety in Boys With Klinefelter Syndrome
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Associated With Reduced Brain Volume
- First-Episode Drug-Naive Patients With Schizophrenia More Likely to Attempt Suicide
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Marijuana Use Associated With Poorer Depression Outcomes, Increased Suicidal Ideation