Generic Name and Formulations:
Propylhexedrine 250mg (0.40.5mg/inh); inhaler; contains menthol.
Ascher, B.F & Company
Indications for BENZEDREX:
Nasal congestion, sinus pressure.
Adults and Children:
<6yrs: not recommended. ≥6yrs: 2 inhalations in each nostril not more than every 2 hours. Do not use >3 days.
Burning, stinging, sneezing, increased nasal discharge, rebound congestion.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Age of Onset of Bipolar Disorder Linked With Substance Use Disorders
- Rapid Cycling in Bipolar Disorder: Overview and Expert Perspectives
- Low Testosterone Linked With Social Anxiety in Boys With Klinefelter Syndrome
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Associated With Reduced Brain Volume
- First-Episode Drug-Naive Patients With Schizophrenia More Likely to Attempt Suicide
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Marijuana Use Associated With Poorer Depression Outcomes, Increased Suicidal Ideation