BENADRYL ALLERGY LIQUID OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Diphenhydramine HCl 12.5mg/5mL; cherry flavor; dye- and sugar-free, bubble-gum flavor; alcohol-free; contains sodium 15mg/5mL.
McNeil Consumer Healthcare
Indications for BENADRYL ALLERGY LIQUID:
Symptoms of upper respiratory allergies. Rhinorrhea/sneezing due to common cold.
25–50mg every 4–6hrs; max 300mg/day.
<6yrs: individualize. 6–12yrs: 12.5–25mg every 4–6hrs; max 150mg/day.
Neonates. Premature infants. Acute asthma. Concomitant diphenhydramine products (including topicals).
Asthma and lower respiratory disorders. Glaucoma. Hyperthyroidism. Hypertension. Cardiovascular disease. GI or urinary obstruction. Sodium-restricted diet. Children. Pregnancy (Cat.B in 3rd trimester): not recommended. Nursing mothers.
Potentiates CNS depression with alcohol, other CNS depressants. Potentiates anticholinergic effects with MAOIs.
Drowsiness, dizziness, anticholinergic effects, excitability in children.
Caps—24, 48; Tabs—24, 48, 100; Dye-free softgels—24; Allergy Liq—4oz, 8oz; Dye-free Liq—4oz; Inj—contact supplier
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Triiodothyronine in the Treatment of Bipolar Depression
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Intranasal Oxytocin Reduces Negative Effects, Improves Cognitive Function in Schizophrenia
- E-Cigarettes Associated With More Harms Than Benefits at Population Level
- Examining Rates of Long-Term Opioid Use in Youth With Psychiatric Disorders
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Researchers Identify Novel Potential Biomarkers for Autism
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Supported Employment vs Transitional Work in Veterans With PTSD
- Comparing Pharmacologic Treatments for Prevention of Rehospitalization in BP
- Preliminary Evidence Suggests Suicidal Thinking Is Self-Reinforcing
- Lower Fluoxetine Efficacy in Elderly Patients With Major Depressive Disorder
- Personal Health Information Found in Recycling