BAYER, ASPIRIN REGIMEN OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Aspirin 81mg tabs, 325mg caplets; e-c.
Bayer Corp, Consumer Care Div.
Indications for BAYER, ASPIRIN REGIMEN:
To reduce combined risk of death and nonfatal stroke after ischemic stroke or TIA. To reduce risk of vascular mortality in suspected acute MI. To reduce combined risk of death and nonfatal MI after MI or unstable angina pectoris. To reduce combined risk of MI and sudden death in chronic stable angina. Revascularization procedures.
Ischemic stroke and TIA: 50–325mg once daily. Suspected acute MI: 160–162.5mg once daily (start as soon as MI suspected) then for at least 30 days post-MI. Prevention of recurrent MI, unstable angina pectoris, chronic stable angina: 75–325mg once daily. Coronary artery bypass graft: 325mg once daily (start 6hrs after procedure) for 1yr. Percutaneous transluminal coronary angioplasty: 325mg 2 hours before surgery, then 160–325mg once daily. Carotid endarterectomy: 80mg once daily to 650mg twice daily (start before surgery).
NSAID allergy. Viral infection in children and teenagers. 3rd trimester pregnancy.
History of asthma or peptic ulcer. Severe hepatic or renal dysfunction. Bleeding disorders. Diabetes. Gout. Pregnancy, nursing mothers: not recommended.
Potentiates anticoagulants, hypoglycemics, methotrexate, acetazolamide, valproic acid, highly protein-bound drugs. Urinary alkalinizers, antacids, corticosteroids may increase excretion. May antagonize ACE inhibitors, β-blockers, diuretics, uricosurics. Increased bleeding risk with NSAIDs or chronic, heavy alcohol use. NSAIDs increase risk of renal dysfunction.
GI upset/bleed, prolonged bleeding time, anaphylaxis, salicylism.
Aspirin Regimen 81mg—32, 120, 180; Aspirin Regimen 325mg—100; Children's—36; Bayer Tabs—12, 24, 50, 100, 200, 300, 365; Caplets—50, 100, 200; Gelcaps—40, 80
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Age of Onset of Bipolar Disorder Linked With Substance Use Disorders
- Low Testosterone Linked With Social Anxiety in Boys With Klinefelter Syndrome
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Associated With Reduced Brain Volume
- First-Episode Drug-Naive Patients With Schizophrenia More Likely to Attempt Suicide
- Coping Strategies for Amplified Emotionality May Improve Bipolar Disorder Symptoms
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Digital Media Engagement Associated With ADHD Symptoms in Adolescents