Bacitracin Zinc Ointment OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Bacitracin zinc 500Units; per gram.
Various generic manufacturers
Indications for Bacitracin Zinc Ointment:
Help prevent infection of minor cuts, scrapes, and burns.
Adults and Children:
Apply small amount to affected area 1–3 times daily; may be occluded with bandage.
Do not use on large areas, serious burns, deep/puncture wounds, animal bites, or eyes. Discontinue if condition persists or worsens. Reevaluate after 1 week.
Rash, other allergic reactions.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Age of Onset of Bipolar Disorder Linked With Substance Use Disorders
- Rapid Cycling in Bipolar Disorder: Overview and Expert Perspectives
- Low Testosterone Linked With Social Anxiety in Boys With Klinefelter Syndrome
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Associated With Reduced Brain Volume
- First-Episode Drug-Naive Patients With Schizophrenia More Likely to Attempt Suicide
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Marijuana Use Associated With Poorer Depression Outcomes, Increased Suicidal Ideation