The CDC estimates that one in every 110 U.S. children have an ASD. Learn more about how to recognize signs and symptoms with this slideshow.
Investigators sought to determine the association between prenatal exposure of medications affecting the neurotransmitter system and the risk for autism spectrum disorders.
Investigators aimed to characterize patterns of sensory responsiveness in high-risk children aged 12 to 24 months with and without autism spectrum disorder.
Stress related to social stigma may contribute to why people with autism experience more mental health problems than the general population.
NeuroPointDX announced the availability of the NPDX AA test, the first objective blood test that identifies metabolic subtypes associated with ASD in children as young as 18 months old.
Children with ASD have increased odds of overweight/obesity compared with general population controls after adjustment for child co-occurring conditions.
Currently, the Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) recommends pregnant women receive the Tdap vaccination to prevent pertussis infection.
Levels of p,p'-DDE were higher in mothers of children with autism than in mothers of children in the control group.
Understanding the course of autism symptoms over a period of years could help clinicians diagnose cases after early childhood.
Autism spectrum disorder is associated with increased risk for depression in young adulthood.
The strong association between PCOS and autism raises the question of whether early treatments or surveillance might be considered for one condition given the presence of the other.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Efficacy, Safety of Long-Term Ketamine Administration Still In Question
- Etiology of Schizophrenia: Strong Association With Certain Rare Copy Number Variants
- KCNQ Channel Potentiator Ezogabine Delivers Promising Results in Major Depressive Disorder
- Vulnerability to Psychosocial Disability in Psychosis
- FDA to Review Lumateperone for Treatment of Schizophrenia
- Cannabis Use, Cannabis Use Disorder Linked to Psychotic, Depressive Symptoms
- Abstinence From Regular Cannabis Use Improves Memory Among Adolescents, Young Adults
- Association Between Opioid and Benzodiazepine Misuse and Suicidal Ideation
- Group Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Is Effective Treatment for Adolescent Anxiety
- The Intersection of Eating and Alcohol Disorders: Detecting and Managing "Drunkorexia"