Suzanne Evans

All articles by Suzanne Evans

Vulvovaginal cancer

I. What every physician needs to know. Vulvar cancer is malignancy affecting the mons pubis, clitoris, labia majora or minora, or the vaginal vestibule. Pathology is almost always squamous cell carcinoma, although the verrucous carcinoma variant of squamous cell carcinoma, melanomas, cloacogenic, adenocarcinoma, neuroendocrine, and sarcoma histologies are also seen. Typical management is surgery for…

Endometrial cancer

I. What every physician needs to know. Endometrial cancer appears to have two forms: the first, or Type I, is linked to estrogen stimulation and comprises 80% of the cases. The second, or type 2 (comprising the remaining 20%), does not appear to have any linkage to estrogen stimulation and therefore does not have the…

Next post in Hospital Medicine