ARNUITY ELLIPTA Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Fluticasone furoate 100mcg, 200mcg; per inhalation; dry pwd for oral inhalation.
Indications for ARNUITY ELLIPTA:
Maintenance treatment of asthma as prophylactic therapy in patients ≥5yrs.
Limitations Of use:
Not for relief of acute bronchospasm.
Base initial dose on previous asthma therapy and disease severity. Not on inhaled corticosteroid: usually initiate at 100mcg once daily; may increase to 200mcg once daily if inadequate response after 2 weeks. Max 200mcg/day. Rinse mouth after use.
<5yrs: not established. 5–11yrs: 50mcg once daily. Rinse mouth after use.
Primary treatment of status asthmaticus or acute asthma episodes. Severe hypersensitivity to milk proteins.
Do not exceed recommended dose. Prescribe a short-acting, inhaled β2-agonist for acute symptoms; monitor for increased need. Immunosuppressed. Tuberculosis. Systemic infections (eg, fungal, bacterial, viral, parasitic). Ocular herpes simplex. If exposed to chickenpox or measles, consider immune globulin or antiviral prophylactic therapies. Monitor for adrenal insufficiency when transferring from systemic steroids. Reevaluate periodically. Monitor for hypercorticism and HPA axis suppression (if occurs, discontinue gradually), growth in children, intraocular pressure, glaucoma, or cataracts. Discontinue if paradoxical bronchospasm occurs; use alternative therapy. Assess bone mineral density if risk factors exist (eg, prolonged immobilization, history of osteoporosis). Moderate or severe hepatic impairment; monitor. Elderly. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy; monitor. Nursing mothers.
Caution with concomitant strong CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg, ketoconazole, ritonavir, clarithromycin, conivaptan, indinavir, itraconazole, lopinavir, nefazodone, nelfinavir, saquinavir, telithromycin, troleandomycin, voriconazole).
Nasopharyngitis, upper respiratory tract infection, headache, bronchitis, oral candidiasis; hypersensitivity reactions (discontinue if occurs); children: also pharyngitis, viral infection.
Dry pwd inhaler—30 doses
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Age of Onset of Bipolar Disorder Linked With Substance Use Disorders
- Low Testosterone Linked With Social Anxiety in Boys With Klinefelter Syndrome
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Associated With Reduced Brain Volume
- First-Episode Drug-Naive Patients With Schizophrenia More Likely to Attempt Suicide
- Coping Strategies for Amplified Emotionality May Improve Bipolar Disorder Symptoms
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Digital Media Engagement Associated With ADHD Symptoms in Adolescents