Patients with MS and comorbid psychiatric conditions have increased severity of subsequent neurological disability.
Recognizing the increased risk for mood disorders in children with ASD and ADHD may be useful for clinicians and parents in developing proper screening and treatment strategies.
This finding suggests an adverse effect of hormonal contraception on psychological health in adolescent girls.
Investigators assessed the prevalence and risk factors associated with symptoms of anxiety and depression in adolescents with HIV and those without infection but affected by HIV.
Nightmares are frequently comorbid with other sleep and mental health disorders in US military personnel.
The incidence and prevalence of psychiatric disorders such as depression, anxiety, and bipolar disorder are higher in the rheumatoid arthritis population.
Researchers identified 9 trials examining the efficacy of SSRIs or SSNRIs in the treatment of social, generalized and/or separation anxiety disorder in pediatric patients.
The BFNE-S was determined to be the best self-reported tool for measuring patient social fears.
The relationship between agoraphobia and panic has gone through some changes and reconceptualization, as evidenced by the diagnostic categories laid out in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders.
Bipolar disorder (31.9%), depression (19.8%), schizophrenia (14.2%), and anxiety disorders (9.1%) were the most common mental health issues reported. Approximately 13% of evacuees with a mental health concern reported a history of post-traumatic stress disorder.
Quality of Life May Be Improved in Chronic Pain With Multidisciplinary Social Cognitive InterventionFebruary 22, 2018
Social cognitive intervention may lead to improvements in health-related QoL in patients with chronic pain.
Low-strength evidence suggests that cranial electrical stimulation (CES) may be moderately beneficial for patients with depression and anxiety. There was insufficient evidence that CES provides clinically important benefit for fibromyalgia, neuromusculoskeletal pain, degenerative joint pain, headache, depression, or insomnia.
The issue of whether and how prenatal SSRI exposure affects offspring has remained murky.
Baseline symptoms of anxiety were associated with changes in memory recall over the course of the study period.
Vortioxetine was more efficacious in people with generalized anxiety disorder who had higher levels of pre-treatment functioning.
In patients diagnosed with sarcoma, poor QoL, depression, and anxiety are common.
Outcomes of long-term CBT in community settings were previously uncertain.
The FAIR questionnaire may be useful to identify psychological stress in rheumatoid arthritis patients.
While workplace stress is common, here are signs to warn patients that it may be affecting their mental health.
Lifestyle factors including exercise may be a strategic target to decrease symptoms of depression.
Women at both ends of the weight spectrum have low serum allopregnanolone which can be linked to severe depression and anxiety.
Abstinence-contingent incentives improved smoking cessation outcomes among economically disadvantaged smokers with mental illness.
Frequent cannabis users experience more pain and negative affects than less- frequent users.
The growing field of nutritional psychiatry explores the role of diet in mental health.
Computerized cognitive behavioral therapy has been found to be effective at treating patients with depression and anxiety in the primary care setting.
Investigators conducted a population-based survey to determine the association between mental disorders and back/neck pain.
Patients with frequent migraines were shown to have an increased risk for depression and anxiety.
Genetic risk for schizophrenia was linked to nonoptimal infant neuromotor development.
Comorbid anxiety disorders among patients with depression or bipolar disorder were not associated with suicide attempts.
In women with PsA, there is a higher prevalence of ADHD and depression.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Clinician Insight: Exploring the Link Between Bipolar Disorder and Binge Eating Disorder
- #MeToo: Helping Victims Cope With Sexual Harassment
- Association Between Psychosis and Development of Dementia in Older Men
- Psychosis Could Be a Potential Side Effect of Steroid Treatment in Kids
- Personality Functioning Associated With Global Functioning in Bipolar Disorder I
- Nutritional Influences on Bipolar Disorder in Children
- Triiodothyronine in the Treatment of Bipolar Depression
- Old Challenges and New Directions in Managing Tardive Dyskinesia
- Similar Rates of Childhood Trauma in Schizophrenia and Substance Use Disorders
- Potential for SERMs as Adjunctive Therapy for Schizophrenia
- Childhood Insulin Resistance Associated With Later Psychosis
- Lamotrigine Similar to Placebo in Treating Borderline Personality Disorder
- Glucocorticoids May Increase Risk of Developing Schizophrenia Spectrum Disorder
- Predictors, Incidence of Long-term Use of Benzodiazepines, Z-Drugs in Bipolar Disorder
- Cardiometabolic Dysregulation Associated With Cognitive Decline Mediated by Depression