The relationship between agoraphobia and panic has gone through some changes and reconceptualization, as evidenced by the diagnostic categories laid out in the Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders.
Latest in Anxiety
Patients with MS and comorbid psychiatric conditions have increased severity of subsequent neurological disability.
This finding suggests an adverse effect of hormonal contraception on psychological health in adolescent girls.
The BFNE-S was determined to be the best self-reported tool for measuring patient social fears.
Quality of Life May Be Improved in Chronic Pain With Multidisciplinary Social Cognitive Intervention
Social cognitive intervention may lead to improvements in health-related QoL in patients with chronic pain.
Baseline symptoms of anxiety were associated with changes in memory recall over the course of the study period.
Vortioxetine was more efficacious in people with generalized anxiety disorder who had higher levels of pre-treatment functioning.
Outcomes of long-term CBT in community settings were previously uncertain.
While workplace stress is common, here are signs to warn patients that it may be affecting their mental health.
Investigators conducted a population-based survey to determine the association between mental disorders and back/neck pain.
Genetic risk for schizophrenia was linked to nonoptimal infant neuromotor development.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- #MeToo: Helping Victims Cope With Sexual Harassment
- Clinician Insight: Exploring the Link Between Bipolar Disorder and Binge Eating Disorder
- Association Between Psychosis and Development of Dementia in Older Men
- Psychosis Could Be a Potential Side Effect of Steroid Treatment in Kids
- Effects of Antipsychotic Drugs on the Cardiovascular System
- Triiodothyronine in the Treatment of Bipolar Depression
- Nutritional Influences on Bipolar Disorder in Children
- Old Challenges and New Directions in Managing Tardive Dyskinesia
- Similar Rates of Childhood Trauma in Schizophrenia and Substance Use Disorders
- Potential for SERMs as Adjunctive Therapy for Schizophrenia
- Psychiatric Comorbidities Increase Neurologic Disability in Multiple Sclerosis
- Self-Regulation Interventions Beneficial for Children
- Traumatic Brain Injury Associated With Increased Risk for Dementia
- Adverse Neurodevelopmental and Mental Health Outcomes in PCOS
- Depression and Sleep Disturbances: Common Bedfellows