Increased implementation of integrated primary care could help to improve the availability of psychological treatment for this patient population.
Latest in Anxiety
The researchers encouraged clinicians not to rely solely on medication to treat midlife anxiety, as benzodiazepines have been shown to increase mortality in certain groups; they pointed to talk therapy, meditation, and mindfulness-based interventions as possible considerations.
Art-based interventions could be easily implemented as an adjunct to conventional therapies for cancer-related pain and mood symptoms.
Anxiety levels are associated with bone mineral density and fracture risk in the lumbar spine and femoral neck among postmenopausal women.
Anxiety may increase the risk for ischemic stroke and intracranial hemorrhage in patients with atrial fibrillation.
Researchers conducted secondary analysis of data from a multicenter study of women from 11 Latin America countries in order to assess the association between waist-to-height ratio and anxiety.
These findings indicate that anxiety may be a risk factor for late-life dementia, excluding anxiety that is related to prodromal cognitive decline.
Patients with MS and comorbid psychiatric conditions have increased severity of subsequent neurological disability.
This finding suggests an adverse effect of hormonal contraception on psychological health in adolescent girls.
The BFNE-S was determined to be the best self-reported tool for measuring patient social fears.
Quality of Life May Be Improved in Chronic Pain With Multidisciplinary Social Cognitive Intervention
Social cognitive intervention may lead to improvements in health-related QoL in patients with chronic pain.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Belief That Abortion Harms Women's Mental Health Appears Misinformed
- Models Derived From Electronic Health Records Effective in Predicting Suicide Risk
- Probiotics Effective in Reducing Rehospitalization for Patients With Mania
- Caffeine Sodium Benzoate Effective as Electroconvulsive Therapy Augmentation
- Personality Disorders Related to Adverse Outcomes in Bipolar Disorder
- Court-Mandated Substance Abuse Treatment: Exploring the Ethics and Efficacy
- ADHD Treatments
- Esketamine Nasal Spray: A New Treatment Possibility for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- Pharmacogenetics in Psychiatry: Promising Developments and Potential Pitfalls
- Substance Abuse and Primary Psychosis: A Closer Look
- Preop Psychiatric Diagnoses Not Tied to Bariatric Surgery Outcomes in Teens
- Meds With Depression As Adverse Side Effect Commonly Used
- Predictors of Long-term Medication Adherence in Children With ADHD
- Antipsychotic Treatment Linked to Adiposity Changes in Youth
- Exposure to Maternal Hypertension May Up Risk for ASD, ADHD in Child