Results showed that discontinuation of any SNRI was associated with withdrawal symptoms, with the highest prevalence linked to venlafaxine and desvenlafaxine.
The use of certain antidepressants may put patients at increased risk for extrapyramidal symptoms.
Flibanserin can be safely added to a stable SSRI or SNRI regimen to treat hypoactive sexual desire disorder.
Antidepressants may effectively treat depression in patients with comorbid schizophrenia.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Lithium Monotherapy Effective in Treating Bipolar Disorder in Children
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Computerized Training Programs for Schizophrenia Improve Cognitive Functioning
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy May Alter Suicidal Ideation in Anxiety Disorders
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Antidepressant Effects of Ketamine Appear to Require Opioid System Activation
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Increasing Among US Children and Adolescents
- Cost-Effective Telehealth Alternatives for Veterans With Depression
- Polygenic Risk Scores Could Aid in Identifying Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia
- Brief Impression Questionnaire Useful in Schizophrenia Diagnoses