Results showed that discontinuation of any SNRI was associated with withdrawal symptoms, with the highest prevalence linked to venlafaxine and desvenlafaxine.
The use of certain antidepressants may put patients at increased risk for extrapyramidal symptoms.
Flibanserin can be safely added to a stable SSRI or SNRI regimen to treat hypoactive sexual desire disorder.
Antidepressants may effectively treat depression in patients with comorbid schizophrenia.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Cannabis Use in Adolescence Associated With Poorer Mental Health Outcomes
- Cardioprotective Treatment May Reduce Adverse Effects in Schizophrenia
- Insomnia in Borderline Personality Disorder May Increase Suicide Risk
- FDA Approves Powerful New Opioid Despite Criticisms
- The Challenges of Identifying Biomarkers of Psychiatric Illness
- Heart Rate Variability Predicts Treatment Response in Anxious Depression
- Impulsivity in Bipolar Disorder, Borderline Personality Disorder, ADHD
- Psychotropic Medication May Reduce Symptoms and Improve Functioning in PTSD
- Social Decline a Predictor of Conversion Outcome in High-Risk Individuals
- Buprenorphine/Samidorphan Helpful in Refractory Depression