Generic Name and Formulations:
Cyclobenzaprine HCl 15mg, 30mg; ext-rel caps.
Indications for AMRIX:
Adjunct to rest and physical therapy for relief of muscle spasm associated with acute, painful musculoskeletal conditions.
Take at same time each day. 15mg once daily; may increase to 30mg/day given once daily. Max 2–3 weeks. Elderly or hepatic impairment: not recommended.
Acute post-MI. Arrhythmias, heart block, other conduction disturbances. CHF. Hyperthyroidism. During or within 14 days of MAOIs.
Not effective in treating spasticity associated with cerebral or spinal chord disease or in children with cerebral palsy. Urinary retention. Angle-closure glaucoma. Increased intraocular pressure. Hepatic impairment or elderly: not recommended. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Muscle relaxant (central).
See Contraindications. Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. Increased risk of serotonin syndrome with other serotonergic drugs (eg, SSRIs, SNRIs, tricyclic antidepressants, tramadol, bupropion, meperidine, verapamil, MAOIs); discontinue if occurs. Potentiates anticholinergics, alcohol, other CNS depressants. May antagonize guanethidine, clonidine. May enhance seizure risk with concomitant tramadol.
Drowsiness, dry mouth, dizziness, fatigue, headache, somnolence, constipation, nausea, dyspepsia, dysgeusia, tremor, nervousness, asthenia, blurred vision, confusion.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Age of Onset of Bipolar Disorder Linked With Substance Use Disorders
- Low Testosterone Linked With Social Anxiety in Boys With Klinefelter Syndrome
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Associated With Reduced Brain Volume
- First-Episode Drug-Naive Patients With Schizophrenia More Likely to Attempt Suicide
- Coping Strategies for Amplified Emotionality May Improve Bipolar Disorder Symptoms
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Digital Media Engagement Associated With ADHD Symptoms in Adolescents