Generic Name and Formulations:
Cyclobenzaprine HCl 15mg, 30mg; ext-rel caps.
Indications for AMRIX:
Adjunct to rest and physical therapy for relief of muscle spasm associated with acute, painful musculoskeletal conditions.
Take at same time each day. 15mg once daily; may increase to 30mg/day given once daily. Max 2–3 weeks. Elderly or hepatic impairment: not recommended.
Acute post-MI. Arrhythmias, heart block, other conduction disturbances. CHF. Hyperthyroidism. During or within 14 days of MAOIs.
Not effective in treating spasticity associated with cerebral or spinal chord disease or in children with cerebral palsy. Urinary retention. Angle-closure glaucoma. Increased intraocular pressure. Hepatic impairment or elderly: not recommended. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
See Contraindications. Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. Increased risk of serotonin syndrome with other serotonergic drugs (eg, SSRIs, SNRIs, tricyclic antidepressants, tramadol, bupropion, meperidine, verapamil, MAOIs); discontinue if occurs. Potentiates anticholinergics, alcohol, other CNS depressants. May antagonize guanethidine, clonidine. May enhance seizure risk with concomitant tramadol.
Muscle relaxant (central).
Drowsiness, dry mouth, dizziness, fatigue, headache, somnolence, constipation, nausea, dyspepsia, dysgeusia, tremor, nervousness, asthenia, blurred vision, confusion.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Predicting Treatment-Emergent Mania to Tailor Pharmacotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- Prevalence of Major Depressive Disorder Remains High In US Population
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Triiodothyronine in the Treatment of Bipolar Depression
- Suicide Risk After Self-Harm Among Adolescents, Young Adults
- E-Cigarettes Associated With More Harms Than Benefits at Population Level
- Safety, Efficacy of Deep Brain Stimulation for Alzheimer's
- Many Teens Who Use Tobacco Don't Self-Identify as Users