Alzheimer's Disease And Dementia
In patients with mild Alzheimer's disease, solanezumab did not significantly reduce cognitive decline over time.
Positive beliefs about age may protect against dementia.
Depressive symptoms and apathy were independently associated with incident dementia in community-dwelling older adults.
In the United States, it is estimated that 15 million people will have clinical Alzheimer disease or mild cognitive impairment by 2060.
There is no significant risk of Alzheimer's disease or dementia for men getting androgen deprivation therapy.
Primary hyperparathyroidism may be linked to lower intracerebral vasomotor reactivity, which could lead to cognitive dysfunction.
Depressive symptoms and subjective memory complaint could be used as early detection markers of Alzheimer's disease.
Midlife vascular risk factors such as smoking, diabetes, and hypertension are linked to a higher risk for dementia.
People born in higher stroke mortality states seem to have more health issues including a higher risk of developing dementia.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders