Alzheimer's Disease & Dementia
In patients with mild Alzheimer's disease, solanezumab did not significantly reduce cognitive decline over time.
Positive beliefs about age may protect against dementia.
Depressive symptoms and apathy were independently associated with incident dementia in community-dwelling older adults.
Increased triglyceride levels at midlife are predictive of the presence of β-amyloid 20 years later in cognitively healthy individuals.
There is a greater risk for cognitive decline and impairment in elderly patients who experience age-related hearing loss.
While there has been increasing understanding of Alzheimer's neuropathology, little is known about the relationship between progression of agitation and disease severity.
The mortality rate from Alzheimer's increased 54.5 percent — from 16.5 per 100,000 people in 1999 to 25.4 per 100,000 in 2014.
More than 81% of participants reported adverse events, but rates were similar between groups.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders