Alzheimer Disease & Dementia
40% of people with dementia are still driving.
Low and high serum magnesium levels were shown to be associated with increased risk of all-cause dementia.
Intepirdine did not meet efficacy endpoints in a Phase 3 trial for Alzheimer disease.
More research is needed on the correlation between personality and Alzheimer disease biomarkers.
Antidepressant prescription within 6 months of dementia diagnosis was associated with a significant increase in risk of mortality.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Cannabis Use in Adolescence Associated With Poorer Mental Health Outcomes
- Cardioprotective Treatment May Reduce Adverse Effects in Schizophrenia
- The Challenges of Identifying Biomarkers of Psychiatric Illness
- Insomnia in Borderline Personality Disorder May Increase Suicide Risk
- FDA Approves Powerful New Opioid Despite Criticisms
- FDA to Ban Most Flavored Electronic Cigarettes
- Predictors of CBT Outcomes Identified in Youths With Anxiety Disorders
- Happy Childhood Memories Associated With Better Health
- FDA Launches MyStudies Mobile App in Effort to Increase Access to Real World Patient Data
- Heart Rate Variability Predicts Treatment Response in Anxious Depression