Alzheimer Disease & Dementia
40% of people with dementia are still driving.
Low and high serum magnesium levels were shown to be associated with increased risk of all-cause dementia.
Intepirdine did not meet efficacy endpoints in a Phase 3 trial for Alzheimer disease.
More research is needed on the correlation between personality and Alzheimer disease biomarkers.
Antidepressant prescription within 6 months of dementia diagnosis was associated with a significant increase in risk of mortality.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Increasing Among US Children and Adolescents
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Improving Medication Adherence in ADHD Lowers Risk for Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder in Adulthood
- Antidepressant Effects of Ketamine Appear to Require Opioid System Activation
- Prazosin May Be Effective as Treatment for Alcohol Use Disorder
- Neuroimaging Markers of Bipolar Disorder Risk for At-Risk Youth
- Suicide Attempt Risk Among LGB Populations Higher Than Previously Estimated
- Residents Should Take Advantage of Paid Time Off
- Outpatient Engagement May Lower Suicide Attempts in Patients With Fibromyalgia
- Prevalence of Alzheimer Disease, Related Dementia Set to Double