ALINIA TABLETS Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Nitazoxanide 500mg; tabs.
Indications for ALINIA TABLETS:
Diarrhea due to G. lamblia or C. parvum.
Limitations Of use:
Not effective in diarrhea due to C. parvum in HIV-infected or immunodeficiency.
Take with food. 500mg every 12 hours for 3 days.
Hepatic or renal impairment. HIV-infected or immunodeficient. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Caution with other highly protein bound drugs with narrow therapeutic indices (eg, warfarin).
Abdominal pain, headache, chromaturia, nausea.
Tabs—6, 60; Susp—60mL
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Age of Onset of Bipolar Disorder Linked With Substance Use Disorders
- Low Testosterone Linked With Social Anxiety in Boys With Klinefelter Syndrome
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Associated With Reduced Brain Volume
- First-Episode Drug-Naive Patients With Schizophrenia More Likely to Attempt Suicide
- ADHD Medications Compared for Efficacy, Tolerability in Children and Adults
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Digital Media Engagement Associated With ADHD Symptoms in Adolescents