AKYNZEO INJECTION Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Fosnetupitant 235mg, palonosetron 0.25mg; lyophilized pwd for IV infusion after reconstitution and dilution; preservative-free.
Helsinn Therapeutics, Inc.
Indications for AKYNZEO INJECTION:
Prevention of acute and delayed nausea and vomiting due to initial and repeat courses of highly emetogenic chemotherapy.
Limitations Of use:
Not studied for prevention of nausea and vomiting associated with anthracycline plus cyclophosphamide chemotherapy.
Infuse over 30mins. ≥18yrs: Highly emetogenic chemotherapy (including cisplatin-based): 1 vial approx. 30mins prior to chemotherapy with oral dexamethasone 12mg given 30mins before chemotherapy on Day 1, then 8mg orally once daily on Days 2–4.
<18yrs: not established.
Monitor for symptoms of serotonin syndrome; discontinue and treat if occurs. Severe hepatic or renal impairment, ESRD: avoid. Elderly. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Substance P/NK1 receptor antagonist + 5-HT3 receptor antagonist.
Increased risk of serotonin syndrome with concomitant other serotonergic drugs (eg, SSRIs, SNRIs, MAOIs, mirtazapine, fentanyl, lithium, tramadol, IV methylene blue). May potentiate CYP3A4 substrates (eg, dexamethasone [use reduced dose], midazolam, alprazolam, triazolam, docetaxel, paclitaxel, etoposide, irinotecan, cyclophosphamide, ifosfamide, imatinib, vinorelbine, vinblastine, vincristine); caution and monitor. Avoid concomitant strong CYP3A4 inducers (eg, rifampin). Potentiated by strong CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg, ketoconazole). Concomitant warfarin: monitor INR and adjust dose as needed. Inj: incompatible with divalent cation-containing solutions, Lactated Ringer's Injection, Hartmann's Solution.
Headache, asthenia, dyspepsia, fatigue, constipation, erythema; hypersensitivity reactions.
Blister—1, 4; Single-dose vial—1
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Link Identified Between Cured Meat and Mania in Bipolar Disorder
- Early Risk Factors for Bipolar Disorder Found in Offspring of BD Parents
- First-Episode Delusional Disorder vs Schizophrenia: Assessment of Outcomes
- Daily Drinking Associated With Increased Mortality Risk
- Probiotics, Depression, and the Role of Inflammation
- The Opioid System: The Foundation for Social Risk and Reward
- Correctional Psychiatry: Challenges and Rewards
- Those Left Behind: Working With Suicide-Bereaved Families
- Is Mandatory Reporting of Child Maltreatment in the Best Interests of the Child?
- The Impact of Deafness on Hallucinations and Delusions
- High Risk for Anxiety, Depression, and Stress Observed Among Single Mothers
- Self-Harm, Suicidality Among Adolescents Associated With Poor Outcomes, Recurrent Clinical Care
- Moderate Association Between Sociocognitive Functioning and Thought Disorder in Schizophrenia
- Psychotropic Medications May Improve Pregnancy Outcomes in Bipolar Disorder
- Schizophrenia Polygenetic Risk Score as a Predictor of Bipolar Disorder With Psychosis