Generic Name and Formulations:
Erenumab-aooe 70mg/mL; soln for SC inj; preservative-free.
Indications for AIMOVIG:
Prophylaxis of migraine.
Give by SC inj into abdomen, thigh, or upper arm. 70mg once monthly; some patients may benefit from 140mg (given as 2 consecutive 70mg inj) once monthly.
Do not inj into tender, bruised, red, or hard areas. Latex allergy. Elderly. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Calcitonin gene-related peptide (CGRP) receptor antagonist.
Inj site reactions, constipation, cramps, muscle spasms.
Single-dose prefilled SureClick autoinjectors—1, 2; Single-dose prefilled syringes—1, 2
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Cannabis Use in Adolescence Associated With Poorer Mental Health Outcomes
- Cardioprotective Treatment May Reduce Adverse Effects in Schizophrenia
- Minocycline vs Routine Care for Clinical Symptom Improvement in Schizophrenia
- Insomnia in Borderline Personality Disorder May Increase Suicide Risk
- FDA Approves Powerful New Opioid Despite Criticisms
- Heart Rate Variability Predicts Treatment Response in Anxious Depression
- Impulsivity in Bipolar Disorder, Borderline Personality Disorder, ADHD
- Psychotropic Medication May Reduce Symptoms and Improve Functioning in PTSD
- Social Decline a Predictor of Conversion Outcome in High-Risk Individuals
- Buprenorphine/Samidorphan Helpful in Refractory Depression