Generic Name and Formulations:
Antihemophilic Factor (recombinant) single chain 250 IU, 500 IU, 1000 IU, 2000 IU, 3000 IU; per vial; lyophilized pwd for IV infusion after reconstitution; preservative-free.
CSL Behring, LLC
Indications for AFSTYLA:
In patients with Hemophilia A: to treat and control bleeding episodes, for perioperative management, and routine prophylaxis to reduce the frequency of bleeding episodes.
Limitations Of use:
Not for treating von Willebrand disease.
Adults and Children:
Dosage Required (IU) = Body Weight (kg) × Desired % Factor VIII Increase × 0.5. Individualize. Max infusion rate: 10mL/min. Bleeding: Minor: obtain 20–40% FVIII increase; may repeat every 12–24hrs until resolved; Moderate: obtain 30–60% FVIII increase; may repeat every 12–24hrs until resolved; Major: obtain 60–100% FVIII increase; may repeat every 8–24hrs until resolved. Perioperative: Minor: obtain 30–60% FVIII increase; may repeat every 24hrs for ≥1 day until healed; Major: obtain 80–100% FVIII increase; may repeat every 8–24hrs until adequately healed, then continue for ≥7 days to maintain Factor VIII activity of 30–60%. Routine prophylaxis: ≥12yrs: 20–50 IU/kg 2–3 times weekly; <12yrs: 30–50 IU/kg 2–3 times weekly (more frequent or higher doses may be required).
Hamster protein sensitivity.
Confirm Factor VIII deficiency prior to treatment. Monitor for development of Factor VIII inhibitors. Discontinue if hypersensitivity reactions occur; consider premedication with antihistamines if previous history of hypersensitivity. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Dizziness, hypersensitivity, paresthesia, rash, erythema, pruritus, pyrexia, inj site pain, chills, feeling hot.
Kit—1 (vial w. diluent + supplies)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Triiodothyronine in the Treatment of Bipolar Depression
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Intranasal Oxytocin Reduces Negative Effects, Improves Cognitive Function in Schizophrenia
- E-Cigarettes Associated With More Harms Than Benefits at Population Level
- Examining Rates of Long-Term Opioid Use in Youth With Psychiatric Disorders
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Researchers Identify Novel Potential Biomarkers for Autism
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Supported Employment vs Transitional Work in Veterans With PTSD
- Comparing Pharmacologic Treatments for Prevention of Rehospitalization in BP
- Preliminary Evidence Suggests Suicidal Thinking Is Self-Reinforcing
- Lower Fluoxetine Efficacy in Elderly Patients With Major Depressive Disorder
- Personal Health Information Found in Recycling