Generic Name and Formulations:
Epinephrine (as HCl) 1mg/mL; soln for IM or SC inj; contains sulfites.
Par Pharmaceutical, Inc.
Indications for ADRENALIN:
Emergency treatment of allergic reactions (Type I), including anaphylaxis. Bronchospasm. Urticaria. Angioedema. Serum sickness.
Adults and Children:
Do not dilute. Inject into the anterolateral aspect of the thigh. ≥30kg: 0.3–0.5mg SC or IM; max: 0.5mg per inj. <30kg: 0.01mg/kg SC or IM; max: 0.3mg per inj. Both: may repeat every 5–10 mins as necessary; rotate inj sites. Monitor clinically for reaction severity and cardiac effects.
Avoid injecting into the buttocks, digits, hands, or feet. Cardio or cerebrovascular disease. Hypertension. Diabetes. Hyperthyroidism. Parkinson's disease, Pheochromocytoma. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Labor & delivery. Nursing mothers.
Additive effects with concomitant other sympathomimetic agents. Caution with cardiac glycosides, digitalis, diuretics, quinidine, and other arrhythmia-producing agents; monitor. Pressor effects may be potentiated by tricyclic antidepressants, MAOIs, antihistamines, levothyroxine. May be antagonized by α-blockers (eg, phentolamine), β-blockers (eg, propranolol), ergots. Caution with halogenated hydrocarbon general anesthetics (eg, halothane). Do not use to counteract effects of phenothiazines.
Anxiety, apprehensiveness, restlessness, tremor, weakness, dizziness, sweating, palpitations, pallor, nausea, vomiting, headache, respiratory difficulties, angina, arrhythmias, ventricular fibrillation (may be fatal), rapid rises in BP, cerebral hemorrhage; rare: serious infections at the inj site.
Single-dose vials (1mL)—25; Multi-dose vials (30mL)—1, 10
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders