ADHD's many deficits cannot be ameliorated by pharmacotherapy alone. Researchers and clinicians are investigating computer interventions and physical activity that get to the root of the ADHD domain, such as inattention, memory, or time management.
In states with a Sept. 1 cutoff for kindergarten entry, the rates of ADHD diagnosis and treatment are higher for children born in August than those born in September.
Migraine may be associated with self-reported attention deficit and hyperactivity disorder symptoms in university students.
The 3 main types of diabetes during pregnancy were associated with offspring ADHD risk in a hierarchical order.
The relationship between ADHD, MPH use, and growth appears complex, given that a consistent effect could not be observed across all ADHD conditions.
Quillivant XR, a central nervous system stimulant, is indicated to treat ADHD in patients aged 6 years and older.
The authors identified 4 anatomical patterns in participants with attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder associated with head size, delayed development, symptoms of attention-deficit/hyperactivity disorder, and cognitive performance.
Patients with ADHD may require careful monitoring to permit early detection and treatment of disorders of the basal ganglia or cerebellum.
These results do not support existing hypotheses on the role of anxiety as either an exacerbating or protective factor for ADHD-related aggression.
Researchers analyzed neuroimaging data from a group of 1093 adolescents from the IMAGEN project.
This research rejects any association between increased risk for ADHD and changes in children's microbiota related to cesarean delivery or antibiotic use.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Role of Expressed Emotion in Family Psychopathology
- Serum Uric Acid May Predict Bipolar Disorder in Patients With Depression
- Group Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Is Effective Treatment for Adolescent Anxiety
- Health and Social Factors Predict Changes in Depressive Symptoms in Women
- ASD Risk on Offspring With Prenatal Use of Medication Affecting Neurotransmitter System
- Cannabis Use, Cannabis Use Disorder Linked to Psychotic, Depressive Symptoms
- Association Between Opioid and Benzodiazepine Misuse and Suicidal Ideation
- The Intersection of Eating and Alcohol Disorders: Detecting and Managing "Drunkorexia"
- Heart Rate Variability Predicts Treatment Response in Anxious Depression
- Impulsivity in Bipolar Disorder, Borderline Personality Disorder, ADHD
- Psychotic Experiences May Predict Future Suicidal Behaviors
- Genetic Analysis Shows Higher BMI May Increase Risk for Depression
- Abstinence From Regular Cannabis Use Improves Memory Among Adolescents, Young Adults
- Effects of Mindfulness Meditation on Mood in Middle-Age, Older Adults
- How Does Accepting Blame Affect Future Medical Errors?