The opioid crisis needs to be addressed in order to reduce overdose deaths.
Not many high-risk individuals who are motivated to reduce alcohol comsumption are successful after 6 months.
Aberrant drug-related behavior was found to be reduced in patients receiving the web-based program in addition to standard care compared with standard care alone.
Both early-onset cannabis users and late-onset cannabis users had an increased risk for psychotic experiences at age 18.
Parents should be advised that this practice is associated with risk, both directly and indirectly through increased access to alcohol from other sources.
Prescription opioids kept in the household may increase the risk for opioid initiation in co-residents.
Current use of 1 of 5 tobacco products is reported by almost 30% of veterans.
There was a higher risk of cardiovascular events linked with the smoking cessation treatment, varenicline.
Although late-onset ADHD may be a valid diagnosis for some, clinicians should carefully evaluate patients' psychiatric history for other causes.
Varenicline may have a role in the treatment of alcohol use disorder in men who smoke cigarettes.
Intranasal naloxone was shown to have similar efficacy and tolerability as intramuscular naloxone.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Cost-Effectiveness of Atomoxetine for Treating Children with ADHD
- Efficacy of Drugs for Psychosis, Relapse Prevention for Bipolar Depression, Mania
- No Evidence of Cognitive Impairment With Lisdexamfetamine Dimesylate in ADHD
- Differential Testosterone Levels in Men, Women With Schizophrenia
- Plasma Autoantibodies Possible Biomarker for Schizophrenia
- Substance-Induced Psychosis Associated With Development of Schizophrenia, Bipolar Disorder
- Neuropsychiatric Events May Be Linked to Nitrated Nucleosome Levels in Lupus
- New APA Guideline Recommendation for Treatment of Alcohol Use Disorder
- Reducing PTSD Symptoms: Propranolol Before Reactivation Therapy
- Cannabis Use Associated With Subsequent Psychotic Experiences in Adolescents
- Antidepressants More Effective Than Placebo for Acute Depression in Adults
- Positive Beliefs About Age May Protect Older Adults Against Dementia
- Electrical Stimulation of Amygdala May Improve Long-Term Memory
- Negative Symptoms of Schizophrenia May Be Reduced With MIN-101
- Apathy: An Important Predictor of Employment in Huntington Disease