An authorized generic version of Evzio is expected to be available next year at a price of $178 per carton.
Sandoz and Pear Therapeutics announced that the FDA has granted clearance for reSET-O, the first prescription digital therapeutic for patients with opioid use disorder.
The use of telemedicine for substance use disorder is relatively low in a commercially insured population.
Future studies need to determine whether improvement in cognition with abstinence is associated with improvement in academic and other functional outcomes.
Heroin addicts were more compliant with taking monthly injections of naltrexone rather than consuming it in a pill version.
A new study suggests genetic differences in people with heavy alcohol use and alcohol use disorder.
In addition to many other health risks, kratom products can have high levels of heavy metals.
Warning letters about products illegally marketed as treatments for opioid addiction, pain, and anxiety have been sent to 2 companies, the FDA said Tuesday.
There are great differences in access to naloxone even among states that have passed legislation to allow pharmacists to dispense the medication without a physician's prescription.
Opioid misuse varies with sexual orientation, with increased misuse among female bisexuals.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Efficacy, Safety of Long-Term Ketamine Administration Still In Question
- Etiology of Schizophrenia: Strong Association With Certain Rare Copy Number Variants
- KCNQ Channel Potentiator Ezogabine Delivers Promising Results in Major Depressive Disorder
- Vulnerability to Psychosocial Disability in Psychosis
- FDA to Review Lumateperone for Treatment of Schizophrenia
- Cannabis Use, Cannabis Use Disorder Linked to Psychotic, Depressive Symptoms
- Abstinence From Regular Cannabis Use Improves Memory Among Adolescents, Young Adults
- Association Between Opioid and Benzodiazepine Misuse and Suicidal Ideation
- Group Cognitive Behavioral Therapy Is Effective Treatment for Adolescent Anxiety
- The Intersection of Eating and Alcohol Disorders: Detecting and Managing "Drunkorexia"