Daily drinking, even at low levels, may be detrimental to one's health.
"Pod mods," which are small, rechargeable devices that aerosolize liquid solutions containing nicotine encapsulated in cartridges, pose a danger to adolescent users.
In a rare bipartisan move, both the House and Senate have reached a compromise on legislation to address the opioid epidemic.
Pain conditions may largely be underrecognized contributors to the overdose epidemic.
Girls with an earlier age of alcohol initiation appear to be at a higher risk for PTSD, anxiety, and depression symptoms after an interpersonal life trauma.
Future public health interventions developed for cigarette use must accommodate individuals with mental health and substance use disorders.
Calling the use of electronic cigarettes a burgeoning epidemic among teens, the FDA announced a crackdown on the sale of Juuls and other flavored e-cigarette devices to minors.
This research provides preliminary support for the use of prazosin in the treatment of alcohol use disorder.
Depression may partially mediate the association between post-traumatic stress disorder and opioid misuse.
From July 2016 to June 2017, bystanders were documented in 44% of opioid overdose deaths, but naloxone was rarely administered by a layperson.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Suicide Attempts Associated With Sleep and Circadian Rhythm Disturbances in Bipolar Disorder
- Anatomical Patterns Present in Childhood ADHD May Predict Phenotypic Variation
- History of ADHD Associated With Increased Risk for Basal Ganglia and Cerebellum Disorders
- Probiotics, Depression, and the Role of Inflammation
- Psychotropic Medications May Improve Pregnancy Outcomes in Bipolar Disorder
- The Opioid System: The Foundation for Social Risk and Reward
- Correctional Psychiatry: Challenges and Rewards
- Those Left Behind: Working With Suicide-Bereaved Families
- The Impact of Deafness on Hallucinations and Delusions
- Is Mandatory Reporting of Child Maltreatment in the Best Interests of the Child?
- Institutional Rearing Associated With Psychopathology Risk in Children
- Perinatal Mood and Anxiety Screening: Recommendations and Controversies
- Few Seniors Who Self-Harm Referred for Mental Health Care
- Violent Video Games Tied to Physical Aggression
- Vortioxetine Beats Escitalopram in Improving SSRI-Induced Sexual Dysfunction