Generic Name and Formulations:
Ketorolac tromethamine 0.45%; oph soln; preservative-free.
Indications for ACUVAIL:
Ocular pain and inflammation after cataract surgery.
1 drop in the affected eye twice daily beginning 1 day prior to surgery, continue on day of surgery and through first 2 weeks post-op. Concomitant other topical ophthalmics (eg, alpha-agonists, beta-blockers, carbonic anhydrase inhibitors, cycloplegics, mydriatics): administer at least 5 minutes apart.
Do not administer while wearing contacts. Aspirin/NSAID sensitivity. Asthma. Bleeding tendencies. Complicated or repeated ocular surgeries. Corneal defects/denervation. Ocular surface diseases. Diabetes. Rheumatoid arthritis. May delay wound healing. Monitor cornea; discontinue if corneal epithelial breakdown occurs. Pregnancy (Cat.C): avoid in late pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
Concomitant topical steroids may increase potential for healing problems.
Increased intraocular pressure, conjunctival hyperemia and/or hemorrhage, corneal edema, ocular pain, headache, tearing, blurred vision; keratitis, increased ocular bleeding (including hyphemas).
Single-use vials (0.4mL)—30
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Mortality Rates for Substance Use Disorders, Intentional Injuries Vary Widely By Country
- Facial Emotion Recognition Differentiates Behavioral Variant Frontotemporal Dementia From MDD
- The Challenge of Helping Uninsured Patients While Protecting Practice Finances
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition