Generic Name and Formulations:
Ketorolac tromethamine 0.5%; oph soln; contains benzalkonium chloride.
Indications for ACULAR:
Ocular itch due to seasonal allergic conjunctivitis. Post-op inflammation after cataract extraction.
Adults and Children:
<3yrs: not established. ≥3yrs: 1 drop 4 times daily. Post-op: begin 24hrs post-op and continue for 2 weeks.
Do not administer while wearing contacts. Bleeding tendencies. Complicated or repeat ocular surgeries. Corneal defects/denervation. Ocular surface diseases. Diabetes. Rheumatoid arthritis. May delay wound healing. Monitor cornea; discontinue if corneal epithelial breakdown occurs. Hypersensitivity to aspirin. History of asthma. Pregnancy (Cat.C): avoid in late pregnancy. Nursing mothers.
May potentiate oral anticoagulants.
Transient stinging, burning, conjunctival hyperemia, corneal infiltrates, headache, ocular edema, ocular pain/inflammation/irritation, superficial keratitis or infections, allergic reactions, increased ocular bleeding (including hyphemas).
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders