Generic Name and Formulations:
Gadofosveset trisodium 244mg/mL (0.25mmol/mL); soln for IV inj.
Lantheus Medical Imaging
Indications for ABLAVAR:
For use as a contrast agent in magnetic resonance angiography (MRA) to evaluate aortoiliac occlusive disease (AIOD) in adults with known or suspected peripheral vascular disease.
Give as IV bolus inj over 30 seconds followed by 25–30mL normal saline flush. 0.12mL/kg (0.03mmol/kg). See full labeling for imaging guidelines.
<18yrs: not established.
Chronic, severe kidney disease (GFR<30mL/min/1.73m2), acute kidney injury: increased risk of nephrogenic systemic fibrosis; avoid unless necessary, allow sufficient period of time for elimination prior to re-administration. Screen for acute kidney injury and other conditions that reduce renal function (eg, >60yrs, hypertension, diabetes). Anaphylactoid reaction possible (may be fatal); discontinue immediately if occurs; have emergency resuscitative equipment available. History of drug reactions, asthma, allergy or other hypersensitivity disorders. Risk of QTc prolongation; consider obtaining baseline ECG to assess risk, consider follow up ECG and risk reduction measures until contrast agent eliminated. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Gadolinium-based contrast agent.
Caution with concomitant drugs that bind to albumin.
Pruritus, headache, nausea, vasodilation, paresthesia, inj site bruising, dysgeusia, burning sensation, venipuncture site bruise, hypertension, dizziness, feeling cold; hypersensitivity reactions.
Single-use vials (10mL, 15mL)—10
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Age of Onset of Bipolar Disorder Linked With Substance Use Disorders
- Rapid Cycling in Bipolar Disorder: Overview and Expert Perspectives
- Low Testosterone Linked With Social Anxiety in Boys With Klinefelter Syndrome
- Posttraumatic Stress Disorder Associated With Reduced Brain Volume
- First-Episode Drug-Naive Patients With Schizophrenia More Likely to Attempt Suicide
- The Psychology of Hoarding Disorder: Approaches for Treatment
- Mind-Body Therapy and Psychiatry: Ancient Tools for Modern Practice
- Smartphone Applications for Depression and Anxiety: Are They Ready for Widespread Use?
- The Many Misconceptions of Catatonia: Treatment Is Often Successful With the Right Knowledge
- Marijuana Use Associated With Poorer Depression Outcomes, Increased Suicidal Ideation