Generic Name and Formulations:
Cetirizine HCl 10mg; tabs.
McNeil Consumer Healthcare
Indications for ZYRTEC:
Adults and Children:
Chew tabs: may take with or without water. For doses <5mg: use syrup. <2yrs: not recommended. 2–6yrs: initially 2.5mg once daily; max 5mg once daily or 2.5mg every 12hrs. ≥6yrs: initially 5–10mg once daily. ≥65yrs: use chew tabs or syrup: 5mg once daily. Hepatic or renal impairment: individualize.
Hives Relief: not used for prevention or as a substitute for epinephrine. Hepatic or renal dysfunction. Pregnancy. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Potentiates CNS depression with alcohol, other CNS depressants.
Drowsiness, somnolence, fatigue, dry mouth, pharyngitis. Children: headache, pharyngitis, GI upset/pain, cough, somnolence, diarrhea, epistaxis, bronchospasm, fatigue, irritability, insomnia.
Tabs—5, 14, 30, 45, 75; Liquid gels—12, 25, 40; Chew tabs 5mg—5, 10mg—12, 24; Hives Relief tabs—14; Syrup—4oz
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder