Generic Name and Formulations:
Zileuton 600mg; tabs.
Chiesi USA, Inc.
Indications for ZYFLO:
Prophylaxis and chronic treatment of asthma.
Swallow whole. Take with meals and at bedtime. 600mg four times daily; max: 2400mg/day.
Active liver disease. Persistent ALT elevations ≥3xULN.
Not for primary treatment of acute attacks. Monitor liver function before initiating therapy, monthly for the 1st 3 months, every 2–3 months for the remainder of the year, and periodically thereafter (discontinue if signs/symptoms occur). History of liver disease. Alcohol consumption. Evaluate if neuropsychiatric events occur. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Potentiates theophylline (reduce dose of theophylline by about ½). Potentiates warfarin, propranolol (possibly other β-blockers); monitor and adjust doses. Monitor concomitant CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg, ketoconazole).
Sinusitis, pharyngolaryngeal pain, abdominal pain, nausea, dyspepsia, headache, rash, hypersensitivity, hepatotoxicity, upper respiratory tract infection, myalgia; neuropsychiatric events (eg, sleep disorders, behavior changes).
Hepatic (CYP1A2, CYP 2C9, CYP3A4).
Renal (major), fecal (minor).
Tabs, CR tabs—120
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Text Message Reminders Improve Medication Adherence in Bipolar I Disorder
- Improving Medication Adherence in ADHD Lowers Risk for Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder in Adulthood
- High Suicidality Among Children With ADHD Mediated by Family Functioning, Psychiatry Comorbidities
- Pilot Study Investigates Lithium vs Quetiapine for Bipolar Spectrum Disorder
- How Personalized Hospital Ratings May Drive Patient-Specific Care in the Digital Age