ZUTRIPRO ORAL SOLUTION CII
Generic Name and Formulations:
Hydrocodone bitartrate 5mg, chlorpheniramine maleate 4mg, pseudoephedrine hydrochloride 60mg; per 5mL; grape-flavor.
Indications for ZUTRIPRO ORAL SOLUTION:
Cough and nasal congestion associated with upper-respiratory allergies or common cold.
Use accurate measuring device. ≥18yrs: 5mL every 4–6hrs as needed. Max: 4 doses (20mL) per 24hrs.
<18yrs: not established.
During or within 14 days of MAOIs. Narrow angle glaucoma. Urinary retention. Severe hypertension. Severe coronary artery disease.
Risks from concomitant benzodiazepines or other CNS depressants (see Interactions). Discontinue if respiratory depression occurs. Abuse potential (monitor). Avoid in head injury, other intracranial lesions or pre-existing increase in intracranial pressure. Acute abdomen. Cardiovascular disorders. Diabetes. Thyroid disorders. Addison's disease. Prostatic hypertrophy. Urethral stricture. Asthma. Severe hepatic or renal impairment. Elderly. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
See Contraindications. Increased risk of respiratory depression, sedation with benzodiazepines or other CNS depressants (eg, opioids, antihistamines, antipsychotics, anxiolytics, alcohol); avoid. Hypertensive crisis with MAOIs. May affect or be affected by TCAs. Paralytic ileus may occur with anticholinergics
Antitussive + antihistamine + sympathomimetic.
Sedation, somnolence, mental clouding, lethargy, impairment of mental and physical performance, anxiety, fear, dysphoria, dizziness, psychic dependence, mood changes, nervousness or sleeplessness, visual disturbances, confusion, headache, euphoria, facial dyskinesia, feeling faint, lightheadedness, agitation, restlessness, insomnia, irritability, tremor; respiratory depression, cardiovascular effects.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders