Generic Name and Formulations:
Aspirin 800mg; pH-dependent release tabs.
Par Pharmaceutical, Inc.
Indications for ZORPRIN:
Rheumatoid arthritis (RA). Juvenile rheumatoid arthritis (JRA). Spondyloarthropathies. Osteoarthritis (OA). Arthritis and pleurisy of systemic lupus erythematosus (SLE).
Swallow whole with ≥8oz of fluids. RA, SLE: initially 3g daily in divided doses; target plasma salicylate level 150–300micrograms/mL. OA: up to 3g/day in divided doses. Spondyloarthropathies: up to 4g/day in divided doses.
<25kg: not recommended. ≥25kg: JRA: initially 90–130mg/kg per day in divided doses; target plasma salicylate level 150–300micrograms/mL.
NSAID allergy. Asthma, rhinitis or nasal polyps. Viral infection in children and teenagers. Children with fever or weigh <25 kg.
Not for antipyresis or short-term analgesia. Severe hepatic or renal dysfunction; avoid. Bleeding disorders. History of GI bleed/peptic ulcer. Diabetes. Gout. Labor and delivery; avoid 1 week before and during. Pregnancy (avoid in 3rd trimester), nursing mothers: not recommended.
Potentiates anticoagulants, oral hypoglycemics, methotrexate, acetazolamide, valproic acid or highly protein-bound drugs. Urinary alkalinizers, antacids, corticosteroids, gastric acid secretion inhibitors may increase excretion. May antagonize ACE inhibitors, β-blockers, diuretics or uricosurics. Increased bleeding risk with anticoagulants, NSAIDs or chronic, heavy alcohol use. NSAIDs increase risk of renal dysfunction.
GI upset/bleed, prolonged bleeding time, anaphylaxis, salicylism (eg, tinnitus), dysrhythmias, agitation, cerebral or pulmonary edema, dehydration, hyperkalemia, elevated hepatic enzymes, angioedema, hyperpnea, Reye's syndrome, coagulopathy, others.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder