Generic Name and Formulations:
Vorapaxar 2.08mg (equivalent to 2.5mg of vorapaxar sulfate); tabs.
Indications for ZONTIVITY:
To reduce thrombotic cardiovascular events in patients with a history of myocardial infarction or with peripheral arterial disease.
2.08mg once daily. Use with aspirin and/or clopidogrel according to their indications or standard of care.
History of stroke, transient ischemic attack (TIA), or intracranial hemorrhage (ICH). Active pathological bleeding (eg, peptic ulcer, ICH).
Discontinue if stroke, TIA, or ICH occurs. Increased risk of bleeding (may be fatal). Consider underlying risk of bleeding before initiating (eg, older age, low body wt., reduced renal or hepatic function, history of bleeding disorders, concomitant certain medications). Hypotensive and has recently undergone coronary angiography, PCI, CABG or other surgeries: suspect bleeding and monitor. Severe hepatic impairment: not recommended. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat. B). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Avoid concomitant strong CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg, ketoconazole, itraconazole, posaconazole, clarithromycin, nefazodone, ritonavir, saquinavir, nelfinavir, indinavir, boceprevir, telaprevir, telithromycin, conivaptan). Avoid concomitant strong CYP3A4 inducers (eg, rifampin, carbamazepine, St. John’s wort, phenytoin). Avoid concomitant warfarin or other anticoagulants. Increased risk of bleeding with concomitant fibrinolytics, chronic NSAIDs, SSRIs, SNRIs.
Protease-activated receptor-1 (PAR-1) antagonist.
Bleeding (may be fatal), anemia, depression, rashes, eruptions, exanthemas, iron deficiency, retinopathy or retinal disorder, diplopia/oculomotor disturbances.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder