Generic Name and Formulations:
Vorapaxar 2.08mg (equivalent to 2.5mg of vorapaxar sulfate); tabs.
Indications for ZONTIVITY:
To reduce thrombotic cardiovascular events in patients with a history of myocardial infarction or with peripheral arterial disease.
2.08mg once daily. Use with aspirin and/or clopidogrel according to their indications or standard of care.
History of stroke, transient ischemic attack (TIA), or intracranial hemorrhage (ICH). Active pathological bleeding (eg, peptic ulcer, ICH).
Discontinue if stroke, TIA, or ICH occurs. Increased risk of bleeding (may be fatal). Consider underlying risk of bleeding before initiating (eg, older age, low body wt., reduced renal or hepatic function, history of bleeding disorders, concomitant certain medications). Hypotensive and has recently undergone coronary angiography, PCI, CABG or other surgeries: suspect bleeding and monitor. Severe hepatic impairment: not recommended. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat. B). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Avoid concomitant strong CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg, ketoconazole, itraconazole, posaconazole, clarithromycin, nefazodone, ritonavir, saquinavir, nelfinavir, indinavir, boceprevir, telaprevir, telithromycin, conivaptan). Avoid concomitant strong CYP3A4 inducers (eg, rifampin, carbamazepine, St. John’s wort, phenytoin). Avoid concomitant warfarin or other anticoagulants. Increased risk of bleeding with concomitant fibrinolytics, chronic NSAIDs, SSRIs, SNRIs.
Protease-activated receptor-1 (PAR-1) antagonist.
Bleeding (may be fatal), anemia, depression, rashes, eruptions, exanthemas, iron deficiency, retinopathy or retinal disorder, diplopia/oculomotor disturbances.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders