Generic Name and Formulations:
Vorapaxar 2.08mg (equivalent to 2.5mg of vorapaxar sulfate); tabs.
Indications for ZONTIVITY:
To reduce thrombotic cardiovascular events in patients with a history of myocardial infarction or with peripheral arterial disease.
2.08mg once daily. Use with aspirin and/or clopidogrel according to their indications or standard of care.
History of stroke, transient ischemic attack (TIA), or intracranial hemorrhage (ICH). Active pathological bleeding (eg, peptic ulcer, ICH).
Discontinue if stroke, TIA, or ICH occurs. Increased risk of bleeding (may be fatal). Consider underlying risk of bleeding before initiating (eg, older age, low body wt., reduced renal or hepatic function, history of bleeding disorders, concomitant certain medications). Hypotensive and has recently undergone coronary angiography, PCI, CABG or other surgeries: suspect bleeding and monitor. Severe hepatic impairment: not recommended. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat. B). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Protease-activated receptor-1 (PAR-1) antagonist.
Avoid concomitant strong CYP3A4 inhibitors (eg, ketoconazole, itraconazole, posaconazole, clarithromycin, nefazodone, ritonavir, saquinavir, nelfinavir, indinavir, boceprevir, telaprevir, telithromycin, conivaptan). Avoid concomitant strong CYP3A4 inducers (eg, rifampin, carbamazepine, St. John’s wort, phenytoin). Avoid concomitant warfarin or other anticoagulants. Increased risk of bleeding with concomitant fibrinolytics, chronic NSAIDs, SSRIs, SNRIs.
Bleeding (may be fatal), anemia, depression, rashes, eruptions, exanthemas, iron deficiency, retinopathy or retinal disorder, diplopia/oculomotor disturbances.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Lithium Monotherapy Effective in Treating Bipolar Disorder in Children
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Computerized Training Programs for Schizophrenia Improve Cognitive Functioning
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy May Alter Suicidal Ideation in Anxiety Disorders
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Antidepressant Effects of Ketamine Appear to Require Opioid System Activation
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Increasing Among US Children and Adolescents
- Cost-Effective Telehealth Alternatives for Veterans With Depression
- Polygenic Risk Scores Could Aid in Identifying Bipolar Disorder, Schizophrenia
- Brief Impression Questionnaire Useful in Schizophrenia Diagnoses