Generic Name and Formulations:
Doxepin HCl 5%; crm.
Indications for ZONALON:
Moderate pruritus associated with atopic dermatitis and lichen simplex chronicus.
Apply thin film to affected area 4 times a day at 3–4 hour intervals for up to 8 days. Do not occlude.
Untreated narrow-angle glaucoma. Urinary retention.
During or within 14 days of MAOIs. Poor metabolizers may have increased effects. For dermatological use only. Avoid eyes. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Discontinue MAOIs at least 2 weeks before starting. Alcohol, CNS depressants potentiate sedation. May potentiate drugs metabolized by CYP2D6 (eg, cimetidine, tricyclic antidepressants, SSRIs, phenothiazines, carbamazepine, propafenone, flecainide, encainide, quinidine).
Drowsiness, dry mouth, thirst, headache, fatigue, dizziness, emotional or taste changes, burning/stinging, pruritus or eczema exacerbation, skin dryness or tightening, parethesias, edema.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Retirement Saving Behavior Associated With Psychological Distress
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Enhanced Vaccination Effectiveness in Older Adults Linked to Positive Mood
- Subjective Cognitive Decline Linked to Alzheimer Biomarker
- Unnecessary Costs Associated With Low-Cost, Low-Value Health Services
- Is Hypertension Linked to an Increased Risk of Dementia?