ZOLADEX 3-MONTH 10.8mg Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Goserelin (as acetate) 10.8mg; SC implant.
Indications for ZOLADEX 3-MONTH 10.8mg:
Palliative treatment of advanced prostate carcinoma. In combination with flutamide for management of locally confined Stage T2b-T4 (Stage B2-C) prostate carcinoma.
Implant SC into anterior abdominal wall. Prostate cancer: one 3.6mg implant every 28 days or one 10.8mg implant every 12 weeks. Stage B2-C prostatic carcinoma (in combination with flutamide): Treat 8 weeks prior to and during radiotherapy. Initially one 3.6mg implant, followed in 28 days by one 10.8mg implant; or may use one 3.6mg implant every 28 days (two before and two during radiotherapy).
Increased risk of diabetes, MI, sudden cardiac death, stroke; monitor blood glucose and for signs/symptoms of CVD during therapy. Risk of ureteral obstruction or spinal cord compression; monitor during 1st month of therapy. Risk factors for decreased bone mineral density (eg, chronic alcohol, tobacco, anticonvulsants, corticosteroids). Risk of QT prolongation in congenital long QT syndrome, CHF, electrolyte abnormalities; monitor EKG and correct electrolyte abnormalities if needed. Risk of inj site injury in patients with low BMI and/or receiving full dose anticoagulation. Obesity; monitor testosterone if no clinical response. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Avoid concomitant drugs known to prolong the QT interval. May affect tests of pituitary-gonadotropic and gonadal functions.
Decreased testosterone levels (eg, hot flashes, sexual dysfunction, decreased erections, gynecomastia), lower urinary tract symptoms, transient worsening of symptoms (eg, bone pain), tumor flare, diarrhea, nausea, edema, malaise, hyperglycemia, hypercalcemia, decreased bone mineral density, QT prolongation.
Implant (in syringe)—1
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders