ZOLADEX 3-MONTH 10.8mg Rx
Generic Name and Formulations:
Goserelin (as acetate) 10.8mg; SC implant.
Indications for ZOLADEX 3-MONTH 10.8mg:
Palliative treatment of advanced prostate carcinoma. In combination with flutamide for management of locally confined Stage T2b-T4 (Stage B2-C) prostate carcinoma.
Implant SC into anterior abdominal wall. Prostate cancer: one 3.6mg implant every 28 days or one 10.8mg implant every 12 weeks. Stage B2-C prostatic carcinoma (in combination with flutamide): Treat 8 weeks prior to and during radiotherapy. Initially one 3.6mg implant, followed in 28 days by one 10.8mg implant; or may use one 3.6mg implant every 28 days (two before and two during radiotherapy).
Increased risk of diabetes, MI, sudden cardiac death, stroke; monitor blood glucose and for signs/symptoms of CVD during therapy. Risk of ureteral obstruction or spinal cord compression; monitor during 1st month of therapy. Risk factors for decreased bone mineral density (eg, chronic alcohol, tobacco, anticonvulsants, corticosteroids). Risk of QT prolongation in congenital long QT syndrome, CHF, electrolyte abnormalities; monitor EKG and correct electrolyte abnormalities if needed. Risk of inj site injury in patients with low BMI and/or receiving full dose anticoagulation. Obesity; monitor testosterone if no clinical response. Nursing mothers: not recommended.
Avoid concomitant drugs known to prolong the QT interval. May affect tests of pituitary-gonadotropic and gonadal functions.
Decreased testosterone levels (eg, hot flashes, sexual dysfunction, decreased erections, gynecomastia), lower urinary tract symptoms, transient worsening of symptoms (eg, bone pain), tumor flare, diarrhea, nausea, edema, malaise, hyperglycemia, hypercalcemia, decreased bone mineral density, QT prolongation.
Implant (in syringe)—1
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder