Generic Name and Formulations:
Anthralin 1.2% (microcrystalline encapsulated); rapid-release cream.
Indications for ZITHRANOL-RR:
Stable plaque psoriasis.
Initially apply once daily (5–15 minutes contact time) for at least one week; may increase contact time to 30 minutes before washing off. Individualize. For skin: use sparingly. For scalp: wash and rinse hair; apply cream while hair is damp; may repeat treatment on alternate days.
Acute or actively inflamed psoriatic eruptions.
Avoid eyes, mucous membranes. Apply cautiously on the face or intertriginous skin areas. Discontinue if sensitization or excessive irritation develops. May stain fabrics; avoid. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Possible contact allergic reactions, discolored hair or fingernails.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder