Generic Name and Formulations:
Anthralin 1.2% (microcrystalline encapsulated); rapid-release cream.
Indications for ZITHRANOL-RR:
Stable plaque psoriasis.
Initially apply once daily (5–15 minutes contact time) for at least one week; may increase contact time to 30 minutes before washing off. Individualize. For skin: use sparingly. For scalp: wash and rinse hair; apply cream while hair is damp; may repeat treatment on alternate days.
Acute or actively inflamed psoriatic eruptions.
Avoid eyes, mucous membranes. Apply cautiously on the face or intertriginous skin areas. Discontinue if sensitization or excessive irritation develops. May stain fabrics; avoid. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Possible contact allergic reactions, discolored hair or fingernails.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Cognitive Behavioral Therapy May Alter Suicidal Ideation in Anxiety Disorders
- Text Message Reminders Improve Medication Adherence in Bipolar I Disorder
- Improving Medication Adherence in ADHD Lowers Risk for Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder in Adulthood
- High Suicidality Among Children With ADHD Mediated by Family Functioning, Psychiatry Comorbidities
- Pilot Study Investigates Lithium vs Quetiapine for Bipolar Spectrum Disorder
- How Personalized Hospital Ratings May Drive Patient-Specific Care in the Digital Age