Generic Name and Formulations:
Lidocaine HCl (as monohydrate) 0.5mg/device; pwd for intradermal inj.
Indications for ZINGO:
To provide local analgesia prior to venipuncture in adults and children or peripheral IV cannulation in children.
Adults and Children:
<3yrs: not established. ≥3yrs: Use only on intact skin. Apply one 0.5mg dose to the planned procedure site 1–3 mins before needle insertion; may repeat once at new site after initial attempt failed. Multiple administrations to same site: not recommended.
Avoid eyes, body orifices, mucous membranes or areas with a compromised skin barrier. Severe hepatic disease or pseudocholinesterase deficiency. Bleeding tendencies or platelet disorders: higher risk of superficial dermal bleeding. Labor & delivery. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Additive effects with other local anesthetics.
Local anesthetic (amide-type).
Application-site reactions (eg, erythema, petechiae, edema, pruritus), systemic reactions (eg, nausea, vomiting), dizziness.
Single-use device (disposable, needle-free)—12
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Adjunctive Therapies for Bipolar Disorder Show Promise, Need More Evidence
- Improving Performance of Everyday Activities Is Critical in Schizophrenia
- Analysis Finds Lithium Maintenance Most Effective as Monotherapy in Bipolar Disorder
- Web-Based Intervention Targets Parental Behaviors That May Affect Adolescent Anxiety, Depression
- Abnormalities of Cortical Thickness in Bipolar Disorder With Auditory Hallucinations
- The Way to the Head May Be Through the Gut: Probiotics for Depression
- Suicide-Screening Toolkit Can Help Identify Youths at High Risk for Suicide
- Agoraphobia: An Evolving Understanding of Definitions and Treatment
- Parental Pressure to Diet Linked With Long-term Harm in Adolescents
- Does Access to Medical Cannabis Reduce Risk for Opioid Abuse?
- Antidepressants Increase Seizure Risk in Youth and Severely Depressed
- Examining Associations Between Diabetes and Effects on Cognition
- Untreated Depression Common in Women of Childbearing Age
- Incidence of Psychiatric Disorders in Rheumatoid Arthritis
- Effect of Antidepressant Class, Dose on Pediatric Anxiety Disorders