Generic Name and Formulations:
Ceftolozane, tazobactam; 1.5g/vial; pwd for IV infusion after reconstitution; preservative-free; contains sodium chloride 487mg/vial.
Merck & Co., Inc.
Indications for ZERBAXA:
Susceptible complicated intra-abdominal infections in combination with metronidazole and complicated urinary tract infections, including pyelonephritis.
Give by IV infusion over 1 hour. ≥18yrs (CrCl >50mL/min): complicated intra-abdominal infections: usually 1.5g every 8hrs for 4–14 days with IV metronidazole 500mg every 8hrs; complicated urinary tract infections: 1.5g every 8hrs for 7 days. Renal impairment (CrCl 30–50mL/min): 750mg every 8hrs; (CrCl 15–29mL/min): 375mg every 8hrs; ESRD on hemodialysis: 750mg loading dose, followed by 150mg maintenance dose every 8hrs for remainder of treatment (give on dialysis days).
<18yrs: not established.
Cephalosporin, penicillin, or other beta-lactam allergy.
Discontinue if serious hypersensitivity reactions occur. Moderate or severe renal impairment; monitor renal function daily and adjust dose. Elderly. Pregnancy (Cat.B). Nursing mothers.
Cephalosporin + beta-lactamase inhibitor.
Nausea, diarrhea, headache, pyrexia, constipation, insomnia, vomiting; C. difficile-associated diarrhea, anaphylaxis.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Duration of Untreated Depression Predicts Depression Severity
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Elevated Dopamine Synthesis Capacity Observed in Both Bipolar and Schizophrenia
- SSRI Use Associated With Increased Type 2 Diabetes Risk in Young Adults
- Specialty Physicians Experiencing Lack of Income Growth
- Improved Patient-Provider Communication Needed Following Urgent Care Visits
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV