Generic Name and Formulations:
Alpha1-proteinase inhibitor (human) 1000mg/vial; pwd for IV infusion after reconstitution; preservative-free.
CSL Behring, LLC
Indications for ZEMAIRA:
For chronic augmentation and maintenance therapy in individuals with alpha1-proteinase inhibitor (A1-PI) deficiency and clinical evidence of emphysema.
Give by IV infusion at a rate of 0.08mL/kg/min. 60mg/kg once weekly. Monitor infusion rates and clinical state closely during infusion.
History of anaphylaxis or severe systemic response to A1-PI products. Selective IgA deficiencies who have known antibodies against IgA.
Contains human plasma; monitor for possible infection transmission. Risk of circulatory overload. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers.
Asthenia, inj site pain, dizziness, headache, paresthesia, pruritus; hypersensitivity reactions (discontinue if occur).
Single-use vial—1 (w. diluent + vented transfer device)
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Attention-Deficit/Hyperactivity Disorder Increasing Among US Children and Adolescents
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Suicide Attempt Risk Among LGB Populations Higher Than Previously Estimated
- Residents Should Take Advantage of Paid Time Off
- Outpatient Engagement May Lower Suicide Attempts in Patients With Fibromyalgia
- Prevalence of Alzheimer Disease, Related Dementia Set to Double
- Forms of Childhood Adversity Related to First-Episode Psychosis Outcomes