Generic Name and Formulations:
Niraparib 100mg; caps.
Indications for ZEJULA:
Maintenance treatment in adults with recurrent epithelial ovarian, fallopian tube, or primary peritoneal cancer who are in a complete or partial response to platinum-based chemotherapy.
Start treatment within 8 weeks after most recent platinum-containing regimen. Swallow whole. 300mg once daily until disease progression or unacceptable toxicity. Dose adjustments for adverse reactions: see full labeling.
Discontinue if myelodysplastic syndrome/acute myeloid leukemia (MDS/AML) is confirmed. Monitor CBC weekly for the first month, monthly for the next 11 months then periodically thereafter; do not start therapy until recovery from hematological toxicity due to previous chemotherapy (CTCAE Grade ≤1); discontinue if toxicities unresolved within 28 days after interruption (see full labeling). Monitor BP and heart rate monthly for the first year then periodically thereafter. Cardiovascular disorders (eg, coronary insufficiency, arrhythmias, hypertension); monitor closely. Embryo-fetal toxicity. Pregnancy; exclude status prior to initiating therapy. Females of reproductive potential should use effective contraception during therapy and for ≥6 months after last dose. Nursing mothers: not recommended (during and for 1 month after last dose).
Concomitant antihypertensives; dose adjustments of Zejula may be needed.
Poly (ADP-ribose) polymerase (PARP) inhibitor.
Thrombocytopenia, anemia, neutropenia, leukopenia, palpitations, nausea, constipation, vomiting, abdominal pain/distention, mucositis/stomatitis, diarrhea, dyspepsia, dry mouth, fatigue/asthenia, decreased appetite, urinary tract infection, AST/ALT elevation, myalgia, back pain, arthralgia, headache, dizziness, dysgeusia, insomnia, anxiety, nasopharyngitis, dyspnea, cough, rash, hypertension.
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Continuing Research, Emerging Treatments Hold Promise for Treating Anorexia Nervosa
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- Purpose, Questions of Social Interaction Lead Physicians to Delay Retirement
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Is Antidepressant Use in Pregnancy Tied to Psychiatric Disorders in Offspring?
- Cardiovascular Risk Management May Slow Neurocognitive Decline in HIV
- Maintenance rTMS for Treatment-Resistant Depression
- New Study Compares Opioid Dependence Relapse Treatments
- Increase Use of Nursing Home for Patients With Cognitive Impairment Category
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder