Generic Name and Formulations:
Niraparib 100mg; caps.
Indications for ZEJULA:
Maintenance treatment in adults with recurrent epithelial ovarian, fallopian tube, or primary peritoneal cancer who are in a complete or partial response to platinum-based chemotherapy.
Start treatment within 8 weeks after most recent platinum-containing regimen. Swallow whole. 300mg once daily until disease progression or unacceptable toxicity. Dose adjustments for adverse reactions: see full labeling.
Discontinue if myelodysplastic syndrome/acute myeloid leukemia (MDS/AML) is confirmed. Monitor CBC weekly for the first month, monthly for the next 11 months then periodically thereafter; do not start therapy until recovery from hematological toxicity due to previous chemotherapy (CTCAE Grade ≤1); discontinue if toxicities unresolved within 28 days after interruption (see full labeling). Monitor BP and heart rate monthly for the first year then periodically thereafter. Cardiovascular disorders (eg, coronary insufficiency, arrhythmias, hypertension); monitor closely. Embryo-fetal toxicity. Pregnancy; exclude status prior to initiating therapy. Females of reproductive potential should use effective contraception during therapy and for ≥6 months after last dose. Nursing mothers: not recommended (during and for 1 month after last dose).
Poly (ADP-ribose) polymerase (PARP) inhibitor.
Concomitant antihypertensives; dose adjustments of Zejula may be needed.
Thrombocytopenia, anemia, neutropenia, leukopenia, palpitations, nausea, constipation, vomiting, abdominal pain/distention, mucositis/stomatitis, diarrhea, dyspepsia, dry mouth, fatigue/asthenia, decreased appetite, urinary tract infection, AST/ALT elevation, myalgia, back pain, arthralgia, headache, dizziness, dysgeusia, insomnia, anxiety, nasopharyngitis, dyspnea, cough, rash, hypertension.
Sign Up for Free e-newsletters
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- Nomophobia: The Modern-Day Pathology
- Emerging Theories in the Pathophysiology of MDD: Could the Opioid System Be Involved?
- Transdermal Nicotine Boosts Mood and Cognitive Function in Late-Life Depression
- Combination Cognitive Behavioral Therapy With Fluoxetine Effective for Adolescent Depression
- Ketamine Infusions Reduce Suicidal Ideation in Depression: Characterizing Different Responses
- Text Message Reminders Improve Medication Adherence in Bipolar I Disorder
- Improving Medication Adherence in ADHD Lowers Risk for Oppositional Defiant Disorder, Conduct Disorder in Adulthood
- High Suicidality Among Children With ADHD Mediated by Family Functioning, Psychiatry Comorbidities
- Pilot Study Investigates Lithium vs Quetiapine for Bipolar Spectrum Disorder
- How Personalized Hospital Ratings May Drive Patient-Specific Care in the Digital Age