ZEGERID OTC OTC
Generic Name and Formulations:
Omeprazole 20mg, sodium bicarbonate 1100mg; per cap; contains 303mg Na+/cap.
Bayer Corp, Consumer Care Div.
Indications for ZEGERID OTC:
Frequent heartburn (≥2 days/week).
Swallow whole. Take at least 1 hour before eating in the AM. ≥18yrs: one capsule daily for 14 days; may repeat 14-day course every 4 months.
<18yrs: not recommended.
Not for immediate relief of heartburn. Sodium-restricted diets. Reevaluate if condition continues or worsens after 14 days. Pregnancy (Cat.C). Nursing mothers: not recommended.
May potentiate diazepam, warfarin, tacrolimus. Antagonizes atazanavir. May alter absorption of pH-dependent drugs (eg, ketoconazole, itraconazole, digoxin).
Proton pump inhibitor + antacid.
Caps—14, 28, 42
Psychiatry Advisor Articles
- ACOG Update: Marijuana Use Discouraged During Pregnancy, Breastfeeding
- Asenapine Prevents Recurrence of Mood Events in Bipolar Disorder
- Depression Profiles in Patients With Type 1 Diabetes vs Type 2 Diabetes
- No Evidence of Personality Changes Prior to Developing Cognitive Impairment, Dementia
- Retirement Saving Behavior Associated With Psychological Distress
- Suicidal Behavior, Thoughts Associated With Perfectionist Tendencies
- Physicians Spend Nearly 6 Hours on EHR Tasks Per Day
- CBT, Acceptance Commitment Therapy Helpful for Those With Chronic Pain
- Depression Reduced by Social Belonging, Feelings of Inclusion
- Sleep Disturbance May Be Causal Factor in Psychotic Experiences
- Venlafaxine XR Safe, Effective in Treating Generalized Anxiety Disorder
- Enhanced Vaccination Effectiveness in Older Adults Linked to Positive Mood
- Subjective Cognitive Decline Linked to Alzheimer Biomarker
- Unnecessary Costs Associated With Low-Cost, Low-Value Health Services
- Is Hypertension Linked to an Increased Risk of Dementia?